Rival supporters enjoying our football

I agree with what your saying about wholesale changes, it could affect our momentum. The rags lost theirs completely when being happy to sit and defend against, what was on the day, a poor Liverpool side. Having said that I also agree that in that second half against West Brom we were poor and for some dreadful finishing on their part it could've been a different outcome. Thats why I think we need to rest some and have a fresh squad for the game on Saturday. I know its still early in the season but some players look, in recent games, like the constant games has taken its toll on them. Plus if we are to compete in all four competitions then we need to be giving players minutes where possible. We can't expect a player to sit on the bench for half the season then if there's an injury come into the team and hit the ground running.

It'll be an interesting team selection against Wolves. Its a shame both Foden and Diaz are unavailable. It'd have been great to to see them get their chance.

Anyway back on topic for the thread. Any rival fan (rags aside) who say they aren't enjoying are football at the minute are either lying or being overly tribalistic. They way were playing at the minute is the best football thats been played in England in a while.
When I first posted in this thread, it was about a Rag mate of mine who didn't care about their performance at Anfield 'As long as they kept winning'.

Fast forward a week & his friends & family have put him on suicide watch, & are having to keep any rope or sharp implements out of his reach! Lol I dropped the same analogy about Moureen expecting his squad to be able to switch from an 11-man defence twice in a week, to a Barca-esque, expansive attacking style.

Mentality wise, it's too much of a switch & their squad is suffering as a result. This Rag plank cannot even bring himself to comment on our attacking style of play, especially with the turgid, defensive dross Moureen's serving up for the Salfords.

That style of football is just about paletable when you're winning 1-0, but when your £400m team gets beat by a £30m team, it becomes hard to swallow. We'll have our defeats along the way, but at least we can console ourselves that we go into the games trying to win. This is the direct opposite of Moureen's philosophy of going into games with a don't lose mentality.

Our football has been good over all & fantastic in parts. Most neutrals can see & admit that, but your average Rag cannot stomach it, ESPECIALLY when the have to watch Moureen's Monsters play their powerful brand of route one brutalist football in the pub.

If the situations were reversed, it would be killing me, so imagine how the 'Mighty' must be feeling deep down inside?

What kind of fuckwit would say that?

We have played Liverpool the greatest team in the whole wide world....apart from United of course 5-0..but of course if their player hadnt been sent off they would have won.

To be fair,before Mane was sent off Liverpool were in the game. But as a rival fan I'd much prefer Man City to win the title as you guys play the best football and are deadly.
Whereas Man Utd are so boring to watch what with their buses and all. Tottenham are also a nice team but getting a bit cocky these days !

One of the best things about watching us at the moment, whilst the football is brilliant, is how humble most of the squad seem. We've seen great teams in the past, but there were always one or two that you could dislike, no matter how good the football was, so it would be interesting to know how other fans perceive our current playing squad, are there any that they actually hate ?

I'm sure Liverpool will hate Sterling, Everton Stones, and Spurs Walker, but none of these are dirty players, or bell ends away from the football.

To be fair,before Mane was sent off Liverpool were in the game. But as a rival fan I'd much prefer Man City to win the title as you guys play the best football and are deadly.
Whereas Man Utd are so boring to watch what with their buses and all. Tottenham are also a nice team but getting a bit cocky these days !
You were still 1-0 down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.