Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where he is still useful is coming on to keep possession and slow the game down when we are 2 or 3 nil up. Other than that it will be this competition and FA Cup for him mostly.

Time gets us all eventually!

Give over, he was playing walking football for 120 minutes. His penalty was his first positive contribution to the game. Great player in his prime but now we're virtually a man down from the start when he's in the XI.

Disagree he made some good attempts to bull doze his way into the area , but didnt get the run of the ball , nice penalty though , 15 out of 15 got to be some sort of record , i think Franny Lee only managed 13 on the run.

Still has moments of quality but he's so far past his prime now, its time to move on, and all the whinging at others every time he loses the ball.....

Agreed. The thing with Yaya is when he is in the team it changes the way we play - What we needed last night was moving the ball quicker something that has changed this year, watching the game it was back to last year when we continually passed it sideways and backwards making it easy for Wolves to set up and defend. Yaya demands the ball and from where I sat was clearly telling others to give it to him which slowed it right down. Gone are the days when he was the one who would drive forward and the only time he did this was when he dived and gave away a free kick and got booked. I was happy that he signed for 1 year - at the time - but to me he has such a negative effect on the side I would be happier if he was pensioned off in January. Great pen though.

Yaya played a lot deeper and was taking the ball from the centre backs , because neither Tosin or Mangala have the ability to play out of defence , but agree it lead to very laboured and slow build up of play , but i don't think Yaya was 100% responsible for this , Bernardo and Gundagon were in the side to create but where also culpable.

Yaya played a lot deeper and was taking the ball from the centre backs , because neither Tosin or Mangala have the ability to play out of defence , but agree it lead to very laboured and slow build up of play , but i don't think Yaya was 100% responsible for this , Bernardo and Gundagon were in the side to create but where also culpable.
Yet in other games this year with Kevin in that role he has received the ball very deep many times and his first instinct is to go forward. yes mangala is next to useless passing wise but Yaya of old always got the ball deep and drove us forward quicker which is the key to beating teams set up to defend and counter. Yaya was immense three years ago but not now and that is clear to see.

Yet in other games this year with Kevin in that role he has received the ball very deep many times and his first instinct is to go forward. yes mangala is next to useless passing wise but Yaya of old always got the ball deep and drove us forward quicker which is the key to beating teams set up to defend and counter. Yaya was immense three years ago but not now and that is clear to see.
Yaya also used to play those precise chipped 40 yard passes over the back four for the forwards to run onto but no longer even attempts them, in the first half last night Sterling made to start those runs a number of times when Yaya had the ball on halfway and was repeatedly ignored.

Where he is still useful is coming on to keep possession and slow the game down when we are 2 or 3 nil up. Other than that it will be this competition and FA Cup for him mostly.

Time gets us all eventually!

Agreed I felt the game was Yaya's testimonial at times last night at the pace it was played.

Lest just enjoy his cameos in his last season. The man has been immense for us - time waits for no man. He will be useful at time this season. Perfect squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.