Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly noticed him and not in a good way,i get playing him for experience last night though,doubt we'll see him much for the rest of the season

Toure's always looked better when playing regularly. I've always imagined that he does the bare minimum in training throughout the season and instead keeps 'fit' by playing in matches. Without regular game time, however, he's not going to be nearly as effective. Still think there'll be a period in this season where he'll end up playing more games.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

That's where i am with Yaya.

It was interesting for me to watch Yaya last night, I was trying to understand his worth....maybe it was with Gundogan and Silva running the creative side, that I didn't notice his contribution too much...until later in the second half, when City was camped on the edge of Wolves penalty area.
What I did notice, was that he looked totally knackered, his pace and legs seem to have gone....
I hope I'm wrong, as his experience, and ability to change a game could be important....however, it just feels like there are many more ahead of him, in the role of game changers at City , and he is starting to fade into the shadows.

Nope not alone, but when we are trying to rest our starters don't really have much of an option. A holding midfielder and obviously a lb must be priorities in January.

My guess would have been Foden would have gotten the nod over Yaya had he not been away with England?

It's actually sad to see how far Yaya has declined the last 3 years. I can accept that he's 34 now and that he won't be anywhere near as quick as he was 5 years ago, but his strength and overall desire on the pitch isn't anywhere near what it was.
I agree with @Gabriel as well, about him (Yaya) keeping fit through game time rather from intense training... I imagine his lack of training is what originally made him fall out of favour with Pep (at Barca), you can tell by his physique, we're coming up to November and he still looks like what you would expect a footballer to look like on his holidays.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in January to New York City, or at least next summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.