1894 Singing section for EFL cup clash vs Wolves

how many times is this gonna be said!! it can't happen as there isn't enough facilities in that corner for away fans! the bar for drinks is outside of 107 and the food/soft drinks bar is right outside 109. It can't and never will happen

alright.... it was just an idea. I'm sure we could make it happen and maybe invest in more facilities in the corner for away fans, its not impossible. but obviously it will never happen ! as you say.

It worked better last week when we played Napoli and against Shakhtar a few weeks back. It's hard work generally when trying to kick things off from the front but it was easier to get it going from the front of the stand in those games compared to last night. Obviously, that was partly due to the fact that there were twice as many away fans last night plus they had the whole of the 3rd tier of the South Stand which for me is the easiest place in the ground to get an atmosphere going. However, I also think that there were less fans in our section who were prepared to sing compared to the Napoli game. Whether the songs start from the front or the back, the middle rows simply don't do enough, or in some cases do absolutely fuck-all. To put it bluntly, some fans in that section are taking the fucking piss - it's a singing section, is advertised as such (even more so now when trying to buy tickets in there online as a message comes up before purchasing that it's a singing section), so why someone would not bother joining in is beyond me. To compound it, we've even had incidents - and I shit you not - where people have been told to stop singing in there, not to mention the **** who threw a bottle of coke at someone last night for daring to wave a flag.

There's definitely an acoustics problem in that area - for example, the low overhang at the back of the stand means songs starting there don't often travel too well plus songs starting at the front often don't get heard at the back so you can have 2 different songs going at once (as happened several times last night), but despite all that if more people simply joined in then these issues would diminish.

It worked better last week when we played Napoli and against Shakhtar a few weeks back. It's hard work generally when trying to kick things off from the front but it was easier to get it going from the front of the stand in those games compared to last night. Obviously, that was partly due to the fact that there were twice as many away fans last night plus they had the whole of the 3rd tier of the South Stand which for me is the easiest place in the ground to get an atmosphere going. However, I also think that there were less fans in our section who were prepared to sing compared to the Napoli game. Whether the songs start from the front or the back, the middle rows simply don't do enough, or in some cases do absolutely fuck-all. To put it bluntly, some fans in that section are taking the fucking piss - it's a singing section, is advertised as such (even more so now when trying to buy tickets in there online as a message comes up before purchasing that it's a singing section), so why someone would not bother joining in is beyond me. To compound it, we've even had incidents - and I shit you not - where people have been told to stop singing in there, not to mention the **** who threw a bottle of coke at someone last night for daring to wave a flag.

There's definitely an acoustics problem in that area - for example, the low overhang at the back of the stand means songs starting there don't often travel too well plus songs starting at the front often don't get heard at the back so you can have 2 different songs going at once (as happened several times last night), but despite all that if more people simply joined in then these issues would diminish.
The amount of young lads who don't sing is fucking ridiculous, if you were in the old Kippax you fucking sang, simple as that, that was our job in the KIPPAX to roar the lads on, the fuckwits nowadays think they can just stand there with their fucking phones out...PUT THEM AWAY AND SING FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE...its OUR JOB...

I got moved from SS3 last night and stood at the back of 114, its weird as fuck down there because you cant hear the away fans at all. Fair play for trying to get the atmosphere going, I dont know if it was the same group but at the front of 115 there was a few lads watching the Wolves fans rather than the game, bit weird but each to their own.

I moved from my season ticket in 314 to the back row of 112 last night and genuinely didn't hear the Wolves fans once, obviously they were decent from reading on here and Twitter but it really was noticeable to me the acoustics of our stadium aren't great for all singing together

I can tell you the acoustics are just fine. Wolves fans carried loads of noise and it echoed around the ground. It’s not too bad on a normal league match but without a sizeable designated home end it is just too difficult to combat the noise levels they generated

how many times is this gonna be said!! it can't happen as there isn't enough facilities in that corner for away fans! the bar for drinks is outside of 107 and the food/soft drinks bar is right outside 109. It can't and never will happen

In its current form. Facilities can be moved or expanded surely?

Well done 1894 and other singers. I could see you giving it plenty but were drowned out by Wolves for most of the game.

Your persistence helped the crowd get behind the team in extra time and it was rocking for the penalty shootout. Keep up the good work. You might have just been the difference in a very close game.

We sit it block 122 CB1. The noise from SS3 is unbelievable when the fans sing due to the acoustics from that tier (it literally makes your ears ring!) I think this is because the roof is lower than it is on the other tiers in the ground. Our fans were singing in SS1 and SS2 but because of the noise levels from the tier above them, they were simply drowned out. As the rest of the ground can't hear what's being sung by our fans in the SS, they can't join in; we couldn't make out half the chants and our stand is one of the nearest to SS1.

We had the same problem when we played neverton in the second leg of the EFL semi-final last January. We said at the time it was a mistake by the club to let the away fans have the whole of SS3 because our fans couldn't be heard.

If the club must give away fans an entire tier then it should be level 3 on the east stand (apologies for any SC holders if this puts you out but you might have to take one for the team - literally - on this!).

One other point; the further to the left you sit from the SS (or to the right if you're in the east stand), the harder it is to hear what is being sung which may be why people don't join in (although there are some miserable f*ckers who just don't want to). Also, it doesn't help that our fans are out of sync when they're singing - or are competing against each other on chants. When they can be heard, the rest of the ground don't know which chant to follow!

The noise levels of our fans was significantly raised during the penalty shoot out. I think this was due to our fans finally all coming together and also, was partly due to the fact that the Wolves fans were quieter due to the fact they were nervous .

If Pep wants our fans to be noisy and get behind the team, the club should NEVER let any away fans have the entire SS3!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.