Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't wrap him up in cotton wool all the time and if ever does come regular he might need to last 120 minutes.

No one's suggesting he's wrapped in cotton wool, but probably not best to make him play 120 minutes on just his second start back from a 10 month injury.

I'm sure Guardiola wouldn't have done it if he didn't have to.

Hopefully he's nor another Bojinov

Come on Karen the glass ain't half empty on this one and by all accounts he seemed to be fine. I watched him lob a fine ball over the top of the Wolves defender for Sterling (I think)
Sorry but i think pep was wrong on this one

I saw his insta message stating that it was just a long game, nothing serious.
In general, i have to say that i haven't been overly impressed with his contribution this season but i also know that its too early to judge him as he recently came back from a long injury.
Hopefully November onward, the real Ilkay will show up :D

I can't see Tweet's on my work computer. Is he injured?
Gundogan tells a fan on Instagram that he's "well" and just felt the effects of a long game.
1f44d.png
pic.twitter.com/KaBFLAgAjf

00:46 - 25 Oct 2017

Gundogan tells a fan on Instagram that he's "well" and just felt the effects of a long game.
1f44d.png
pic.twitter.com/KaBFLAgAjf

00:46 - 25 Oct 2017
Phew.....

Hopefully he recovers well.

I honestly don't think Pep would have risked him if he didn't think he was up to it. He seems like a strong minded player who wants to get stuck in and play. He must have had such a frustrating time being sidelined for so long.

Don't need to risk him against west bromwhich cloggers fc.
Lucky not to be badly injured in cup game there recently.

Noticed a few times last night that he seems to favour getting to the ball first, flicking it above the foot of the challenging player, and getting away from said player by staying on his feet throughout. Indeed, I'm not sure I even saw him make a robust challenge all night. Has he always done that, or is he perhaps more keen now to avoid going into 50/50 challenges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.