Centre back options

Mouctar Diakhaby linked, anyone know anything about him? Not too many professional games under his belt yet.

Mouctar Diakhaby linked, anyone know anything about him? Not too many professional games under his belt yet.
From what I've read, he's tall, powerful, fast French defender of African descent. Rumoured to be a good passer as well. Basically another Thuram/Abidal lookalike. Have no idea about his quality, but his profile in general is almost ideal for LCB playing in City's 4-1/3-2/2-3 makeshift defence. Would gradually replace Stones' partner, be it Vinny or Ota. The only quality that he lacks is left-footedness.

Mertens' quote on 22 yo Milan Skriniar after Napoli-Inter 0-0 stalemate:

Last edited:
Sounds daft and probably is but could Pep not convert Delph into a centre back. He seems to have done alright as a left back and it isn't the first time a midfield player has gone into defence.

Clearly need CB in January. Mangala simply not good enough to be even half decent back up. Kompany never fit.

In January we need Van Dijk or Laporte and a left back, maybe Bertrand.

That way we have cover at left back, centre back and centre mid (Delph could cover for Fernandinho more if we had another left back).

Last edited:
Sounds daft and probably is but could Pep not convert Delph into a centre back. He seems to have done alright as a left back and it isn't the first time a midfield player has gone into defence.
No height and not the strongest in the tackle.
Were we to get an injury at centre back I reckon Walker or Danilo may cover rather than go for Mangala or Tosin
But that's a guess.

No height and not the strongest in the tackle.
Were we to get an injury at centre back I reckon Walker or Danilo may cover rather than go for Mangala or Tosin
But that's a guess.
Interesting that you mention Danilo as cover for CB. I've thought the same. Good distribution, comfortable on the ball, tall enough and quick enough to get himself out of the odd lapse. Wherever he plays, he's a decent player who we're not utilising enough at the moment imo.

Clearly need CB in January. Mangala simply not good enough to be even half decent back up. Kompany never fit.
OMG - all through the summer I was one of those saying that I would be happy to see Mangala given a chance etc.

But on Tuesday ......................

Not a chance Chelsea let that happen unless theres a massive Conte fall-out! Even then I doubt they'd let him come to us.
I like him and have since I saw him in their EDS squad, pretty sure it was against us a couple of years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.