Wolves post match

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.
I think the negativity towards Wolves by some is frustration on their part to be honest....you weren't the 1st team and won't be the last to park the bus....if we score it changes your tactics as has happened with other teams we've played this season but we couldn't find the right pass in the last 3rd and when we did everything was straight at your keeper which hasn't been a problem upto last night and we were well below our best ....

your right in what your saying why should any team come and try to match City it would be foolish and will only usually end in heavy defeat....

I thought Wolves worked extremely hard and carried out the game plan well and on another night could well have gone home with the win but for Bravo

Anyway good look for the rest of the season and I hope you get promotion back to the prem

Genuinely struggling to think of a single player who left who I'd want back, even on a free

Kolarov would be playing most weeks had he stayed with Mendy injured. Iheanacho would be ideal back up for Aguero and Jesus. Fernando could fill in here and there as there's few other options (with Delph having to play left back).

Not saying we should have kept these players but the squad is weaker without them. We are a striker short in terms of squad, there's no DM cover for Fernandinho and we have no left back due to Mendy injury.

Wolves did what they should. They were tactically sound.
We should have had Sané & Sterling out wide early in the second half. Guardiola made a few decisions that were possibly based around fitness rather than winning the game.

It was a cup game and Wolves did what they thought they could or would be best.
I think we've given up 14 chances so far this season, Wolves had a good 3 or 4.
Nowt wrong with your plan.

Good luck on promotion and as you say I guess a lot of the negativity towards Wolves is in part down to frustration.

Always liked Wolves away, hope to see you up.

As others have said probably frustration, your plan almost worked and you obviously gave us our hardest game as you stopped us scoring from open play. From your perspective are you disappointed you didn't play your strongest side and give it a real go? 6,000 fan's there I feel your manager cheated them really.

Think it was more frustration than anything else. Wolves had a good game plan and did what they could with who they had and it nearly paid off so fair play to them.

Welcome to the board .you are corect we have a changing fan base .some critise any thing and everying .we were getting 34.000 at Maine Road now we get 50.000 plus .while i welcome and embrase new fans i dont think they all apreicate the club as much as fans who have been served up dross for the best part of 30 years as they have only seen City as a successful club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.