Hole in the roof above 121

Its time to upgrade the stadium. North stand extension, new roof, new illuminated wrap around the whole thing. If I was a multi billionair it would be sorted.

I think too be fair they have done a lot recently.

My wife and son sit in the family stand and along with about a dozen others have to sit with there feet in a puddle every match. The club say it's a natural spring below and there's nothing they can do about it. They've been offered a move but she likes where they are and has friends all around. They come home soaked through to their socks. No offer of compensation or even a pair of wellies! Still at least it's nice in the tunnel club.
Having your feet in a puddle is slightly better than having someone who couldn't be bothered going to the toilets on a packed swaying Kippax pee down your legs:(

My wife and son sit in the family stand and along with about a dozen others have to sit with there feet in a puddle every match. The club say it's a natural spring below and there's nothing they can do about it. They've been offered a move but she likes where they are and has friends all around. They come home soaked through to their socks. No offer of compensation or even a pair of wellies! Still at least it's nice in the tunnel club.

Hey'di K11 Tanking system says otherwise.

Don’t know if anyone from City’s maintenance dept reads this site but if they do can you get up on the roof above 121 , about rows L/M/N and plug a hole in the roof , roughly where the join from the original roof and the start of the new extension, that was the first time I’d noticed it but constantly dripped all match long. A £5 tube of silicone should do the trick .

Only a fiver for the silicone but £100k for the scaffolding. Anyway, don't buy one of the cheap seats next season. 323 is as dry as the Atacama!

The old roof is f**ked. Cheap as chips and leaking badly. Drips are not going to be fixed unless they turn into torrents. Roof replacement ASAPP is the club's goal so my structural engineering fiend tells me.

The roof has always leaked.

Heavy rain a decade or so ago resulted in drips all over the place.

We just haven't seen that much rain at a match since then.

I have no idea about rotten wood up in the eaves, maybe it's getting worse now, but I remember not long after we moved to the new ground being splattered with rain drops and thinking the Queen, at the closing ceremony of the commonwealth games, must have had a wet hat afterwards as the drips were that bad.

I wrote on here a decade or so ago it was incredible that a roof in Manchester wasn't rain proof.

I'm genuinely surprised it's taken 10 years for it to happen again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.