West Brom (a) pre-match thread

West Brom (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to get 6 points before the international break. I would be very tempted to play a weakened team at Napoli. Concentrate on the 2 league games. Am I correct in thinking if we beat feyonaord at home we are through?

Would be great to go into the break 8 points clear or more.
No, City, Napoli and Shaktar could finish on twelve points each.

Don't be silly mate.

A proper team, with proper aspirations, makes minced meat of West Brom.

And considering titles can be won and lost by a point, or even GD, of course it makes a fucking difference and 'means' something.
Nope.

What's really, really silly is your implication that our title aspirations are over if we were to lose tomorrow.

Chelsea lost to Palace last season. Drew with Swansea etc. Even champions drop points.

Last edited:
Important game, which an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the United v Spurs game. Hopefully they’ve drawn earlier on and I think the 7 point gap could be enough motivation to come out firing.

Pulis has a plan for us so that’ll be interesting. The natives are not happy with him so I think he’ll work hard to get a draw as at the moment that’d be a result against us in our form. Pleased my seat is nearer the goal for tomorrow and higher up than I was for the cup game here, better perspective as don’t like sitting in the front rows. Clean sheet and any win will do nicely.

I hope we'll win but as some said, I also do think we're getting bit tired, the style of football we're playing is just not sustainable for whole season, we can't run and press like we did in these first games forever. Add Napoli and Arsenal coming and there might be some energy conserving in some heads.

I'll take any win with any kind of football from this one. It's extremely important to win tomorrow and capitalize from spurs and rags playing each other, it could easily be 7 points ahead of next on the table tomorrow. That's significant lead.

Last edited:
It ocurred to me at Burnley that we might be at the end of our first purple patch. We weren't as smooth against Burnley (in spite of the 3 goals) and were even more clunky against Wolves. Granted this was aided by the backup effect. Now we have 3 games in the next 8 days.

I expect the lethargy to continue over those 3 games. Starting tmrw.

My hope is that we win tmrw and then get positive results the next 2. I think Napoli/Arsenal games will be extremely difficult games. Not just because of the oppositions quality but also what I expect will be lethargic performances in those 2 games due to tiredness.

Put in the effort to come away with a win in this one and we can rope a dope the next 2.

We have a tough week ahead.

We will quite likely go through a leaner patch at some stage of the season - but not sure I would conclude that from what you cite above. We beat a Burnley team 3-0 that Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool were unable to best, barely giving them a sniff of goal. We then played Wolves without our first choice entire midfield, full backs, sweeper keeper and the Centre Half whose passes have spawned many an attack for us this season. Nothing is a gimme but my bet is we will beat West Brom without breaking much of a sweat tomorrow.

Going with my instinct and I think a tired performance and 2-1 to West Brom.

Haven't got a clue why I think that based on recent performances.

We will quite likely go through a leaner patch at some stage of the season - but not sure I would conclude that from what you cite above. We beat a Burnley team 3-0 that Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool were unable to best, barely giving them a sniff of goal. We then played Wolves without our first choice entire midfield, full backs, sweeper keeper and the Centre Half awhose passes have spawned many an attack for us this season. Nothing is a gimme but my bet is we will beat West Brom without breaking much of a sweat tomorrow.
Hope so. The beginning of the end of our Patch last season seemed similarly nondescript.

Going with my instinct and I think a tired performance and 2-1 to West Brom.

Haven't got a clue why I think that based on recent performances.

If Stones, Ederson, Otamendi, Walker, Fernandinho, D. Silva, De Bruyne and Sane are tired after having a week off I will be seriously dissapointed.

Three of them may have come on in extra time against Wolves, but it was what, 30 minutes?

Sterling and Jesus are very young lads and should be able to play three games a week.

At the very least, defensively we should be back to full sharpness.

We will see mate, but we should be OK fitness wise.

I just hope our shooting boots are on this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.