Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his defence. All the chances he coughed up against Wolves were blatant fouls. The Wolves forward either barged him from behind or clipped his ankles when he was about to pass the ball. It looked awful but the ref hung him out to dry. Also, when he committed, he was left exposed as Zinchenko couldn't get back quick enough.

All that aside, he's not good enough for us and never was suited to Pep

Agree with every word.

It's astonishing that so many are overlooking the fact that he was fouled on them occasions.

I can t understand the criticism. He made 2 mistakes, but he was fauled each time. He made several interceptions. It was his first game in a long time and was playing alongside a player from EDS and a young player that, for the first time in his life, played as LB.. Could it be a more difficult situation for him? Hardly.. You could not have a better 4th choise CB than Mangala. I would like to see more of him and Stones togheter. Now, that Stones developed into a real CB, I think they can complete each other very well.

All these bandwagon lets mock Mangala have got to remember is that he made 2 mistakes last night when he was bullied off the ball by a Wolves player. He also made a last ditch challenge when Walker got done by the Wolves left sided player. But like Bravo knockers (including myself) everyone loves a scapegoat and lets slag him off and only see the negatives. Lets just hope Mangala gets the chance to ram it down our throats just like Bravo did last night.
Good defender, poor footballer. Just had a bad game like everyone not named Bravo or Ilkay. But at the core that is what he is. A good defender, but poor footballer.

Never thought we can make that work. But who knows, perhaps we can.

Wouldn't like to read the comments on here if he'd done what Otamendi did today...

Simply not good enough, had chance after chance and never convinced us or any one else, hence why he is still here.

Why is that shocking? Ota earned his right for mistake, he was exceptional this season. Mangala's mistakes are unfortunately a norm.
I'm not suggesting he's really good enough, but when you play once in a blue moon (boom) your mistakes are amplified. When you're a regular, they are set against your other performances.

I can t understand the criticism. He made 2 mistakes, but he was fauled each time. He made several interceptions. It was his first game in a long time and was playing alongside a player from EDS and a young player that, for the first time in his life, played as LB.. Could it be a more difficult situation for him? Hardly.. You could not have a better 4th choise CB than Mangala. I would like to see more of him and Stones togheter. Now, that Stones developed into a real CB, I think they can complete each other very well.
Can you elaborate as to how you think Mangala would complement Stones playing a Pep style coz I am not seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.