Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be the creator centrally. Doesn’t have the pace to be running on to passes. He’ll be fine.

I’d wager he hasn’t had a bad start but not a great one either. Good thing he’s young though! Young players need consistent game time and unless Pep rotates Dave a bit more, it’ll be pretty difficult for him to get game time, at least for this season.

IMHO, he is yet to impress.
I haven't witnessed a significant contribution from him just yet.
Still early days though.
Not played a huge amount but he has scored a goal provided at least one assist and held the ball well under pressure.
All significant contributions in my opinion.
But he's a young guy getting to know a new country with new team mates and a new system of play.

Very tidy but just not as effective as Sterling in our system, doesn't seem able to beat his man on the wing, keeps the ball well but has little end product at the moment. Imagine he'll be more suited to the role being played by Silva/De Bruyne currently, just doesn't quite have the pace/delivery to be a winger in our system for me.

Still settling in. I think Pep clearly bought him to play in midfield.

Right now doing a job on the wing because at times there was no other option.

Sterling and Aguero both played 120 minutes so they were tired therefore Pep played Bernardo instead. If we had Sanchez he would start, hope we get him in January and then I’m pretty sure we’ll see Bernardo played exclusively in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.