Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
the opposition usually try to play down our left because they know we're much stronger with Walker on the right.
Is that not more down to the fact that we have a midfielder playing there?

Remember against Liverpool the combination of Danilo and Walker managed to keep Mane quiet for the most part. Mane was at his most dangerous when he came to the other wing to work with Salah.

Walker is a better defender than I realised. He's been isolated a few times but he's always held himself up well enough even if he came off 2nd best against 2 or 3 super skillful and speedy attackers.

Needs to work on his rondo game a bit though. He's not at Tottenham anymore. Sometimes he gets a bit iffy if he's put under too much pressure. Although judging on how Otamendi's developed in that sense over 12 months I imagine Walker will get there eventually too.

Remember against Liverpool the combination of Danilo and Walker managed to keep Mane quiet for the most part. Mane was at his most dangerous when he came to the other wing to work with Salah.

Walker is a better defender than I realised. He's been isolated a few times but he's always held himself up well enough even if he came off 2nd best against 2 or 3 super skillful and speedy attackers.

Needs to work on his rondo game a bit though. He's not at Tottenham anymore. Sometimes he gets a bit iffy if he's put under too much pressure. Although judging on how Otamendi's developed in that sense over 12 months I imagine Walker will get there eventually too.
Yeah, we need to give him time. He's adapted wonderfully for a player who hasn't been here six months.

I don't think you could possibly be more wrong, and this is coming from someone who's been to almost every game this season.

He's had an extremely accomplished start and I don't think we've even conceded a goal which came from a play down his side. In fact, the opposition usually try to play down our left because they know we're much stronger with Walker on the right.

He's the best full back in the division.
Going to every game doesn't make you automatically correct.

Teams will obviously target the left as we are playing a centre midfielder at left back. It's nothing to do with them being fearful of Kyle Walker.

He's been good. But he's had some bad moments as well. That's all I'm saying.

4 assists already in the league.

Top top signing. Very solid defensively and contributes a great deal to our attack.

4 assists already in the league.

Top top signing. Very solid defensively and contributes a great deal to our attack.

For a guy who purportedly cant cross the ball, that one touch delivery for Raheem's goal was pretty damn good. Has a good defensive brain also. Gonna be important in our big games this season.

One thing that strikes me about Walker is that he seems to be a guy who is important to overall squad spirit. We’ve seen all the social media stuff with Mendy but even tonight he was one of the most vocal and visible subs and first to all the celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.