Our attendances

On this occasion it's not disgraceful as it's simply not true. Read my post above yours stating the ticket prices direct from Tottenham's website. Also, here's the link to West Ham's website detailing the allocation and prices for the away fans. £20 adults and £10 concessions - same as in the Tottenham end for equivalent seats:

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles...bao-cup-fourth-round-ticket-details-confirmed
It was stated £55.00 on Talkshite. I stand corrected.

If you look back at our records you will see that we have always had wildly fluctuating attendances. Traditionally, City had a considerable section of support that only turned up for random games. I suspect regular support, as in attending practically every home game has literally never been higher. Over 50k for a League Cup match against Wolves is well-nigh incredible, especially as night matches are an absolute ballache to get to by public transport - or more precisely to get back from. 8-00 p.m. kick offs do not help with this as the transport authorities seem to think that everyone outside the City centre goes to bed about half nine.

I suspect that if the ground was taken up to 70k or 80k capacity, people might be surprised by how often it filled, especially if the prices were right and the hassle of getting a one-off ticket minimised. Several league fixtures are already sold out months in advance.

The only way it will stop the club from eventually extending to 70/80k would be the transport infostructure around the ground council have to give the ok for it.

Back in the day when we couldn't fill our ground...remember Peter Swales..regularly they would give the attendance and we would be like..wtf??

>50k is great v Wolves even allowing for 6k away, I think there were a few attracted by possibly seeing Kun break the record though (and helped by some kids tickets being the price of a bag of crisps). Still a great crowd though

It does actually work think the club's should say something about what the rag in charge has done...

Google maps

Empty seats

Gobshites

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.