Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just wasn't good enough in last two games, no need to paint that. He'll come better again soon, he always does.

I disagree,while he may not have stole any headlines,he worked his nuts off and contributed to a fluid team performance.He doesnt give defenders a minutes rest and that will always aid our efforts to secure 3 points,as we did again today.

That's the bigger picture.

Some choose to - won't, can't, refuse, or blindly follow a path of stupidity(probably rags) to see that.

That's the bigger picture.

Some choose to - won't, can't, refuse, or blindly follow a path of stupidity(probably rags) to see that.
Or maybe we just demand more than hard work? :-)
With the form we're in, with the form he's been in ever since his move here and with the competition within the team, working hard shouldn't let you avoid criticism when you're having a bad game. Working hard off the ball when we're in possession and when pressing is a requirement to play in this team and not a unique asset. Of course some people press and position themselves smarter than others (Jesus does that brilliantly) but when it's clear that he's messing up easy things and wasting chances we should be allowed to criticize him instead of being called horrible things like a rag.

We're not the same team we were two years ago. Two years ago I could be happy seeing a player work his balls off even if nothing came of for him. But when we're having a squad where everyone is fighting for their life during the games, you'll need to contribute with more than just hard work to receive praise or avoid criticism.

Jesus isnt the finished player yet. I think that yesterday nothing happen for him and even in some extent his last few games he has been hit and miss. I get it he is only a kid still and having a World Class player like Kun sitting on the bench the pressure is always on his shoulders to prove that he can do what Kun has done for us for years and be that goalscorer. Honestly felt that if Kun didnt play the 120 minutes mid week he would of been on for Jesus early. I feel we have a lot of players bang on form. That you look at the 3 that played only Sane looked to be at his level.
Bernardo Silva and Jesus just looked a bit off there higher standard. Look on the bench Sterling and Kun and Sterling comes on to get the winner he is in the form of his life Sterling he has it all. Still feel Bernardo will come good but more so in a central role when David hangs them up. So Pep has many big decisions to make. I still would like to see Kun and Jesus playing together again it looked like they were gelling in together this season and I feel we will go back there again at some stage. Maybe against Arsenal and i feel we could hit them hard.

Neither of our strikers have looked perfect in recent games. Think Leroy and Raheem look our main threats. They're so good, yet so young! I'd always pick Jesus over Sergio though, we need the pressing. It's our first form of defence.

Neither of our strikers have looked perfect in recent games. Think Leroy and Raheem look our main threats. They're so good, yet so young! I'd always pick Jesus over Sergio though, we need the pressing. It's our first form of defence.
I recognise the talents of Aguero,and i think he's awesome,but i believe we operate more cohesively with Jesus - we look a better team.

His link up play was a bit askew; but his pressing, movement and hold up play were on fire as usual.

Sane getting all the hype rn but Jesus was incredible again. His link up/build up/positioning was incredible. GL finding someone who plays better 1-2’s. Perfect guardiola CF IMO. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

The guy thinks lightning fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.