The Best Start in Premier League History.

domalino

zn6HhOG.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/GB1

We've now got the best start in Premier League history, by virtue of goal difference.

Interesting that our defensive record is better than Mancini's 11/12 side, but they scored more - would have thought that was the other way round.

Where did they all go on to finish?

10/16 won the league. Newcastle & Liverpool fucked up mostly.

Every club to have reached 28 points by this stage won the league though.

Also most of the ones who didn't win are now thought of as the biggest meltdowns in the league's history.

Newcastle 95/96 threw away an 11 point lead.

Chelsea 06/07 was Mourinho's meltdown.

Liverpool 08/09 was Rafa's facts meltdown.

Arsenal 07/08 was when they went to pieces after Eduardo's leg break.

Last edited:
10/16 won the league. Newcastle & Liverpool fucked up mostly.

Every club to have reached 28 points by this stage won the league though.

That's got typical city written all over it!

Didn't the rags once win 10/10 under fat Ron pre prem and not win it?

The pressure we have put the others under already is immense. Liverpool had to win yesterday to stay 12 points behind! Next week could change things but if we win that, only united have a sniff and that's if they beat Chelsea. I think the others are already too far behind. If we win next week and they lose then it could be too big a gap for all of them!

The pressure we have put the others under already is immense. Liverpool had to win yesterday to stay 12 points behind! Next week could change things but if we win that, only united have a sniff and that's if they beat Chelsea. I think the others are already too far behind. If we win next week and they lose then it could be too big a gap for all of them!

I agree, if Chelsea and us both win next week, 90% of people will say it's over. 8 points ahead after 11 games is pretty unprecedented.

Can potentially see this as a league campaign where we walk away with it unopposed like Chelsea did last year. If we get to February with no one near us then the focus should shift to having a go in the champions league. I'd love to see what we could produce against Madrid.

Lazy Sunday, so I'll ask insread of looking , anyone know how long we or Chelsea went after ten games before droping more points?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.