West Brom post-match thread

No-one is jumping on anyone, & that's the point of the following posts. Safety breeds complacency & if we don't have like for like competition for places, players will know if they make too many errors, they're out.

As it stands neither Stones nor Otamendi have any serious competition for their places. Earlier in the season Otamendi would have smashed WBA's 2nd out of the stadium, but because confidence is high, he attempted a chest back to Ederson & the rest is history.

All I want is for no complacency to creep in, so highlighting mistakes so we can improve & eliminate them is no bad thing imo. Before Pep came we excused silly mistakes that started creeping into our game & all that did was to nearly get us relegated from the CL.

Making a mistake =/= complacency.

No-one is jumping on anyone, & that's the point of the following posts. Safety breeds complacency & if we don't have like for like competition for places, players will know if they make too many errors, they're out.

As it stands neither Stones nor Otamendi have any serious competition for their places. Earlier in the season Otamendi would have smashed WBA's 2nd out of the stadium, but because confidence is high, he attempted a chest back to Ederson & the rest is history.

All I want is for no complacency to creep in, so highlighting mistakes so we can improve & eliminate them is no bad thing imo. Before Pep came we excused silly mistakes that started creeping into our game & all that did was to nearly get us relegated from the CL.

Compliancy will not happen in the big games it’s games like yesterday that will bring on Compliancy but the way that game ended yesterday will sharpen the minds of all our players.

Seen the following comments after today’s game.
- Sane was all over place should have been took off at half time
- Bernardo did nothing
- Jesus wasn’t in the game
- KDB couldn’t finish
- Otamendi needs to be punched in face

Jesus fucking Christ we’ve just won a ninth consecutive game in the league and are 5 points clear. Fuck me it could be a LOT worse.

I wasn’t particularly happy with our sloppiness but some of the comments are unbelievable. To me Sane had a really decent game for example.

Yes, so I don't get why fans are being jumped on for stating a fact of what happened & wanting us to eliminate these errors as best we can.

You learn more from failures than successes & if you continue to do so, you'll have more successes than failures.

I don't have a problem with that. I do it too. What I don't like is when nobheads try and single players out i.e. Bernando and Otamendi

I wasn’t particularly happy with our sloppiness but some of the comments are unbelievable. To me Sane had a really decent game for example.

They all did in my eyes, but some of our fans like to talk shit after someone makes one mistake throughout the game.

eb5811d8188f6429aec26ca24bb37c42.jpg
Sounds like sexy football.
;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.