City march on!

Having thought long and hard about this I've now changed my mind to agree with the majority that our run continues, the stipulation of the record is consecutive wins it doesn't state anywhere that the run has to be within 90/120 minutes.

I always though a win is by acoring more goals than the opposition in 90 mins or in 120 mins if extra time played in a cup competition. If it goes to pens its a draw. We won the tie not the match. The other guy is only putting his opinion across which I happen to agree with.

Anyway back to the point of the thread. Since I've followed city there have been two other periods that feel like this. Season 11-12 until everyone started parking the bus after the 6-1 and that 2-3 months from November to January under Pellegrini in 13-14. Scoring loads of goals beating everyone and there being a real sense of excitement and optimism around the club.

This season feels a bit different though as I think we still have a long way to go in terms of how much we can improve. We have a core group of players who could go on and be recognised as the best player in the world in their position and be in the FIfA team of the year - Ederson, Sane, De Byrne, Jesus (maybe Stones) We've not seen the best of this squad and I'm really excited to watch every game and looking forward to see how far Pep can take us.

It’s not though is it?
We won on penalties. The game ended in a draw.

If you check previous occasions when teams have gone on similar runs they include extra time and penalty shot out wins. Do you think that had we lost the shoot out that the media would say we drew?

Think you should read it again, no other team since the Premier League began has had the same points and goal difference, so no City or Chelsea have not before this season.

We've only got 26 points though, Bournemouth was a draw. GD is more like +23 as well.

If we do go on and win the league (breaking all time records along the way) will we finally see the likes of Sergio and Silva get the recognition they deserve ?

Why so much anger?? Just because I don’t agree with a few posters on here saying that our winning run continues.
It’s a forum mate.
I’m saying it’s a draw ok.
I agree with you. We drew the match and won the tie on penalties. We still got through to the next round.

If you check previous occasions when teams have gone on similar runs they include extra time and penalty shot out wins. Do you think that had we lost the shoot out that the media would say we drew?
No they wouldn't.
But we would have officially drawn the match and lost the tie if that had been the case.
We're still unbeaten (for now - Napoli away will be tough.).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.