Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's he gonna fit in? The club spent £75 million on RB's this summer both of whom are on 5 year contracts and probably high wages as well and both in their mid 20's. Where's he gonna play? Whose gonna lose a spot on the bench for him? It just doesn't make sense squad wise.

Sadly I think we'll end up selling him. One of the Spanish clubs will put in a bid. Should've kept him instead of buying Danilo.

I don't see any reason why we would sell him.

He's forcing his way into the squad, Pere is his agent, Danilo is versatile enough that we can justify having both in the squad and Maffeo has shown versatility this season as well.

Just the fact that the big 3 in Spain will be sniffing around should be enough to put him in our squad.

Where's he gonna fit in? The club spent £75 million on RB's this summer both of whom are on 5 year contracts and probably high wages as well and both in their mid 20's. Where's he gonna play? Whose gonna lose a spot on the bench for him? It just doesn't make sense squad wise.

He is at Girona for a reason

Think Danilo will move to a defensive midfield berth.

When Danilo was signed it was explicitly not as a RB but as someone who would provide cover at RB, LB, and CM.

People were asking what the point in Delph was 2 months ago, where was he going to play? It doesn't matter with Pep, Maffeo is a quality player and when you get those in the squad he finds places to put them.

He already did a man marking job on season in midfield this season, he has the attributes to play nearly anywhere.

I reckon wherever he goes whether back to Girona or with us, Txiki will sign him to a new contract either way.

I don't see any reason why we would sell him.

He's forcing his way into the squad, Pere is his agent, Danilo is versatile enough that we can justify having both in the squad and Maffeo has shown versatility this season as well.

Just the fact that the big 3 in Spain will be sniffing around should be enough to put him in our squad.

He is at Girona for a reason

Agree with both of the above. He’s not there to be sold but to gain the experiences he’s currently enjoying. It’s the whole reason we have an investment in and are sending playing players to, Girona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.