What next for Foden & Diaz?

I *hope* im wrong, but this country has a serious problem with youth development and you'd not be a dick for suggesting that Foden could just end up on loans for years at NAC after a couple of sub appearances in the league cup simply cos there's no space for him after we go and sign someone like Sanchez in January. Just the way it is these days...
Loans didn’t harm Courtois or Kane or even a young Beckham. Maffeo is killing it at Girona also.

Both of them would have played v wolves as pep has said,they will get cup games as the next step in their developement,they are already training with the first team,patience people

i am being patient. i was just pointing out it doesnt matter if they are 17 if they are good enough. they need actual chances though, not 5 minutes in the cup and then sent out on loan for the next few years like so many of our other players.

foden is too good to just ignore imo. it would be ridiculous if he doesnt get a fair chance with us. who would you drop ? id drop yaya, foden is the future and hes too good not to be involved. it doesnt matter that hes 17, get him on the bench and playing the cup games.

if he doesnt make it at city, i can't see any of them making it.

foden is too good to just ignore imo. it would be ridiculous if he doesnt get a fair chance with us. who would you drop ? id drop yaya, foden is the future and hes too good not to be involved. it doesnt matter that hes 17, get him on the bench and playing the cup games.

Think he'll get his chances over this and next season but he won't be playing where Yaya would get his minutes.

Loans didn’t harm Courtois or Kane or even a young Beckham. Maffeo is killing it at Girona also.

Loan culture is clearly vastly different to what it was back in Beckhams day. And he had (whether we like it or not) a manager and club culture that actively planned out a route for him and was prepared to give youngsters chances. Football has changed exponentially since then.

Courtois isn't a young English lad and was bought after a standout first team season professionally in a country that develops youngsters. He was then loaned to one of the best teams in the world. It's a little different to Foden...

Kane I'll give you but hes clearly the exception not the rule. He spent years dossing about on various loans. By that point 99% would have lost all focus.

Anyway, this isnt an argument against loans. I don't mind them with a purpose and an end goal. Now they're just sent out on loan as no one knows what else to do with them. Hence the comical hordes of talent that chelsea and city have out across the continent.

Yaya is already dropped,kids are playing with kids,they are not playing with men yet so they are going to have to adjust and that takes time to do,foden is very slight and needs to bulk a bit before he plays with the men,i know dave was slight but he was a grown man and not a kid

your probably right, I'm just trying to think of players who will be leaving/ you could drop out of the squad line up
As I posted earlier, we don't really have any cover for Sane and Sterling, I haven't seen a great deal of Foden or Brahim but I would assume it's around that area of the team that they will get opportunities with Bernardo and Gundogan covering for Silva and Debruyne. A couple of injuries amongst those 6 players should see Brahim and Foden at least getting appearances from the bench and in cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.