Ditching Sky

Seventeen days to termination and Sammy just called from Sky HQ.
The offer of £58 still stands @40% off the full price for everything.

We mentioned Sky were incredible and that the cost was the overiding factor for cancelation.
We chatted for a while about our viewing habits but sadly she did not have the power to reduce further.
I remain confident going off posters on thread that a seperate We Can Do A Deal Team will be contacting me right at the wire.

Knowledge is everything and I will keep updating as and when.
Thanks.
Frankly having cancelled Sky not missing it at all. NowTv for any City games I want. £70+ saved a month. Instead of watching TV I do other things and get in the fresh air. Liberating really!

Frankly having cancelled Sky not missing it at all. NowTv for any City games I want. £70+ saved a month. Instead of watching TV I do other things and get in the fresh air. Liberating really!

Exactly and back in the day Sky held all the aces with no competition but now ?
Bt-Now TV-Netflix -Amazon Prime-Virgin are all snapping hard at their heels.
Well not Now tv as thats Sky Tv but you get the gist.
If they do not come good then this is our plan.

Three months to retain our equipment so ordinary tv for the moment is fine.After that we buy a freesat box with pause and record rewind .
For films and box sets the Amazon Prime.
For Sport we have free bt sports for a year and as you say Now tv for sky sports.
So for around 15 a month we get the same.

I will rejoin for what we originally paid and that was £42 for the year.
Fresh air .. It's winter mate ?

Signed up to Virgin this week, £75 for the top package and two boxes with 300mb internet. Cheers to @meldrew who got me the mates rates deal

We mentioned Sky were incredible and that the cost was the overiding factor for cancelation.
We chatted for a while about our viewing habits but sadly she did not have the power to reduce further.
I remain confident going off posters on thread that a seperate We Can Do A Deal Team will be contacting me right at the wire.

Thanks.
Mine terminated yesterday, already had a text from them to say that they have sent some packaging to send the sky q boxes back. I think it took 6 weeks for them to offer the deal last time I cancelled. I will post as soon as I get a decent offer again.

Thanks.
Jesus, sounds like a Simon Bates tale. Did you get her number?!? Not the sky one I mean!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!!

Exactly and back in the day Sky held all the aces with no competition but now ?
Bt-Now TV-Netflix -Amazon Prime-Virgin are all snapping hard at their heels.
Well not Now tv as thats Sky Tv but you get the gist.
If they do not come good then this is our plan.

Three months to retain our equipment so ordinary tv for the moment is fine.After that we buy a freesat box with pause and record rewind .
For films and box sets the Amazon Prime.
For Sport we have free bt sports for a year and as you say Now tv for sky sports.
So for around 15 a month we get the same.

I will rejoin for what we originally paid and that was £42 for the year.
Fresh air .. It's winter mate ?
Ha ha not yet it’s not! Lovely weather today.

Mine terminated yesterday, already had a text from them to say that they have sent some packaging to send the sky q boxes back. I think it took 6 weeks for them to offer the deal last time I cancelled. I will post as soon as I get a decent offer again.

Yes do mate.Let us know what happens.If we work together we survive.
They inform me we can keep the boxes for three months.
If you do not return them after that then there will be heavy penalties to pay.

Three months is good to hold on to and allows them more time to reduce the price.
I will not be deleting my direct debit as I am that confident of a deal.
They only have to press a button to activate so in theory it costs them nowt ?
It's like empty seats on a plane.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussi...x-140-via-your-sky-remote-scroll-down-1741671

I posted the above link earlier in the thread, but if anyone has put the cancellation in but wants to stay with 50% off all packages, there's a link on the last couple of pages.

Thanks for the heads up Melton.
On the comments section on the last two pages it does indeed gives the link to the Sky Deal and a contact number.
It gave an option to purchase on a 12 month contract online @50% with no firm indicator of price.
I just rang the alternative number for the deal and spoke to them.
They said that deal was for other qualifying people not for me and I am only entitled to the forty per center.Oh dear : /

I think I may become a more valuable commodity when my contract runs down completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, sounds like a Simon Bates tale. Did you get her number?!? Not the sky one I mean!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!!

The whole country came to a grinding halt when Bates came on the radio in the eighties making us all weep.
Simon was a legend in the world of wireless and Our Tune broke the nations heart !
This version makes me cry too but please do not look in if easily offended as it contains an occational swear word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.