The Best Start in Premier League History.

Yes we could and that's not impossible, but the question wasn't "is it possible to finish behind them", the question was is it possible to finish 20 points clear of United.
Whatever. We're not finishing +20 points clear of them. Bookmark this if you like.

Already have done.

The thing is mate, if we carried on as we are, picking up points at the same rate as both teams are doing, we'd finish +19 ahead of them. But, and it's a big but, our 28 points from 30 games is not sustainable. No team has ever come close to P38, W35, D3, L0 - finishing on 117 points. We are *definitely* going to fall away from this ridiculously good start, somewhat.

The thing is mate, if we carried on as we are, picking up points at the same rate as both teams are doing, we'd finish +19 ahead of them. But, and it's a big but, our 28 points from 30 games is not sustainable. No team has ever come close to P38, W35, D3, L0 - finishing on 117 points. We are *definitely* going to fall away from this ridiculously good start, somewhat.

There are only 114 points available.

Yeah we will fall away, and so will United. Also your maths is suspect.

Yeah we will fall away, and so will United. Also your maths is suspect.

I'd say my maths is pretty shocking today - you are too kind with "suspect"! ;-)

P38, W35, D3, L0 is not (38 x 3) + (3 x 1) is it. (35 x 3) + (3 x 1) = 108. For someone who thinks his strong point is maths, I am feeling a bit embarrassed at two cock ups in the space of an hour!

But whereas we will fall away, United don't have quite so far to fall back. Them carrying on at more or less the same rate is actually achievable. Furthermore, historically they do well over the winter months when typically we do not. They also have significant injuries and players who will come back from injury. We are very very exposed in key areas. If Stones goes out injured, for example.

I think we are definitely in the box seat. But the idea that we'll finish 20 points above the side that is reckoned to be our number 1 challenger is blue-tinted glasses too far.

Last edited:
I'd say my maths is pretty shocking today - you are too kind with "suspect"! ;-)

P38, W35, D3, L0 is not (38 x 3) + (3 x 1) is it. (35 x 3) + (3 x 1) = 108. For someone who thinks his strong point is maths, I am feeling a bit embarrassed at two cock ups in the space of an hour!

But whereas we will fall away, United don't have quite so far to fall back. Them carrying on at more or less the same rate is actually achievable. Furthermore, historically they do well over the winter months when typically we do not. They also have significant injuries and players who will come back from injury. We are very very exposed in key areas. If Stones goes out injured, for example.

I think we are definitely in the box seat. But the idea that we'll finish 20 points above the side that is reckoned to be our number 1 challenger is blue-tinted glasses too far.

Oh dear, you've actually bought into the winter bullshit. Oh deary deary me.

If you think this United team is capable of breaking the points record then I don't know what to say, it so clearly isn't.

Oh dear, you've actually bought into the winter bullshit. Oh deary deary me.

If you think this United team is capable of breaking the points record then I don't know what to say, it so clearly isn't.

I think you're getting a bit carried away. I said I think United will finish on low to mid 80's. What sort of record is that?

The rag media are getting all giddy again as they have beat Spurs and Benfica, Spurs have got a worse record for turning up at the swamp than we have at Anfield. Who on here actually expected anything other than a win. They got a flukey goal against Benfica, while playing rubbish. Just look how injuries are impacting them because they have spent squillions on Pogba and Lukaku. Their squad is absolutely dire and it shows with Felani, as he is now considered one of their better midfielders. When they actually meet a decent team, and having to play every 3 days they wont be able to cope.
The winter tail off I cant see happening as we now have a better squad, unless we have a major injury crisis. Just look at the team we played against Saints 2 days before Real semi final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.