Huddersfield - on sale Monday

No issue missing out on this one specifically, it's the fact that over the last say 7-8 years since i've been able to, i've been to every game physically possible, every scheme etc, i'll miss 1/2 games a season maximum because i can't make it for whatever reason. At the start, there was 1/2 games i'd miss because i was unable to get a ticket, the likes of United away, the Blackpools etc the rest i could get a ticket for relatively easily.

The puzzling thing is, year by year i've been steadily descending down the list of when i can get tickets with no logical explanation for it. The people above me will stay above me, maybe i overtake a few every year but in all likelihood they've bought the tickets and either gone or sold them on to maintain their spot in the queue. They were above me at the start and remain above me so that's not an issue.

There's nobody below me that can overtake me as i'm going to virtually every single game and the ones i'm not, neither are they, at least not on their own ticket plus there's been plenty of times i've made the cut on the last day which means i'm making ground on the people just below in the lower category.

So how is it over the last 5/6/7/8 years i've dropped down the list? I'm now finding myself towards the last day if not the last day for standard away games this season that just a few years back wouldn't sell out until a few days and categories below my criteria and missing out on tickets for games i'd previously make the cut for. The one and only explanation for this is that less tickets get sold via points. Are more tickets going to corporate, sponsors, player/staff or supporters clubs? Probably yes to them all and that's the problem. None of those groups should be getting tickets for away games

One of the main problems is nobody really cares as long as they're sorted and i don't blame them for it. I'm probably the same, i think it stinks and i'll be vocal about it but that achieves nothing. i'm still okay for the vast majority of games but i can see the trend and know it's only a matter of time before i'm missing out on more and more tickets.

Its simply down to corporate allocation and I guess a few more hangers on nowadays.

Joe's get an allocation now don't they and as far as I am aware, you don't need any points to be a Joe's ST holder.

As you have alluded to, it doesn't matter what the price of the tickets are or what you do to maintain your place. You are rarely going to catch the one above you.

Money talks unfortunately.

Platinum is a complete waste of money for anyone with less than a certain amount of points.

Probably one of many reasons but bigger profit now for touts . Fans will pay circa £60 of a tout for a ticket when the tout only paid £30. When tickets were £60 the tout was never going to get much larger amount profit. I still laugh at Feyernoord away. High demand was expected but due to late notification of tickets and getting flights, tickets went to low points. The amount of tickets that suddenly became available was comical

Last edited:
Probably one of many reasons but bigger profit now for touts . Fans will pay circa £60 of a tout for a ticket when the tout only paid £30. When tickets were £60 the tout was never going to get much larger amount profit. I still laugh at Feyernoord away. High demand was expected but due to late notification of tickets and getting flights, tickets went to low points. The amount of tickets that suddenly became available was comical
Wasn' it just.

Personally I wish there were more away grounds with a block/area with zero tolerance for standing. There are people who go to away games who have problems standing & even when we manage to get front row seats people stand & bring their mates down standing so you’ve got no chance of seeing the game properly.

I appreciate that a lot of fans want to stand but we ‘sitters’ try to do our best not to disrupt you by buying our tickets for the front. Which in most instances costs us extra for buying on the phone, it was good for Huddersfield being able to buy online!! Sorry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.