Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I've been quite harsh in saying the club should let him go now, but this is mainly because Kompany's injuries are getting to the point where it could hold the team's performance back by taking up a place in the team from someone who could fill the position more reliably and relieve the stress and inevitable tiredness Otamendi and Stones will suffer at some point during this season.

Unfortunately Kompany can no longer be relied upon, so sentiments have to be put aside for this and coming seasons.

I feel the sentimental part was for last season where Kompany was given the benefit of the doubt to prove he could become fit again, the injury this season has put major doubts on his reliability now (at least for me).

We still shouldn't be casting out our legends players like a dirty rag cloth, maybe his time has come but maybe it could be phrased different, it doesn't have to be said in some of the ways people say it, just maybe he would like to join the coaching ranks, of course maybe he wouldn't and would prefer to try and play elsewhere and then it will be his choice to leave like Zabs (another loyal servant who was getting dogs abuse on here off some people) Like I said some have short memories and when the ****s were getting stuck into Scholes and Giggs when they slowed and become shit or more shit than we already thought they were, how we laughed at their lack of loyalty to the class of 92, the same when red face was getting it, the ungrateful glory hunting twats, but again we laughed at them, I would hate for us to turn into them ****s when we become hugely successful.

Anyway back to VK, I thought at the end of last season he was going to turn the corner, he came in and was imperious at the back, something we had lacked all season, he was playing well before this injury struck but crucially this time around we are not missing him as much but we will need a centre half to be fit as suspensions and tiredness will become an issue, maybe Pep will give Mangala or Adarabioyo a chance to step up.

Sorry for ranting, probably got carried away, I usually do.

If you can't work out the statement by Pep a couple of weeks ago and the difference in the time scale to Pep's statement this week , regarding vinnies fitness/ availability , then its the lines on your furrowed brow.
The time frame may be slightly misjudged but to suggest he has a recurrence of said injury,and is back to square one,is pure fabrication on your part,and doesn't do anyone any favours.

We still shouldn't be casting out our legends players like a dirty rag cloth, maybe his time has come but maybe it could be phrased different, it doesn't have to be said in some of the ways people say it, just maybe he would like to join the coaching ranks, of course maybe he wouldn't and would prefer to try and play elsewhere and then it will be his choice to leave like Zabs (another loyal servant who was getting dogs abuse on here off some people) Like I said some have short memories and when the ****s were getting stuck into Scholes and Giggs when they slowed and become shit or more shit than we already thought they were, how we laughed at their lack of loyalty to the class of 92, the same when red face was getting it, the ungrateful glory hunting twats, but again we laughed at them, I would hate for us to turn into them ****s when we become hugely successful.

Anyway back to VK, I thought at the end of last season he was going to turn the corner, he came in and was imperious at the back, something we had lacked all season, he was playing well before this injury struck but crucially this time around we are not missing him as much but we will need a centre half to be fit as suspensions and tiredness will become an issue, maybe Pep will give Mangala or Adarabioyo a chance to step up.

Sorry for ranting, probably got carried away, I usually do.

I don't think you are ranting at all.

You've made a lot of fair points about not wanting to discard players who have been a major part of our recent success, but I can't think of a single player who has left recently (e.g. Clichy, Zabba, Nasri and Hart eventually) who has been treated harshly by us as supporters and I know I will welcome them warmly when we play against their new teams etc.

But as time passes we'll just have to accept our favourite players (in my case Yaya, Kompany, Aguero and Silva) will eventually be surpassed by newer fresher players and we just have to get used to the changes, whilst still being extremely grateful for their contribution to the team and in bringing us wonderful cherished moments as supporters.

Of course everyone wants our players to be treated well by the club and the supporters. It's what decent organisations do If you work for a quality company like say IBM and you are unable to work due to illness, they don't cast you out or put you on statutory sick pay. They value their employees and the contributions they have made.

However, even then, there comes a point where if you are continually unable to do your job, you end up being paid off and replaced. It's not harsh or unfair, it's just the way it is. The business cannot be expected to carry you forever.

We have long since passed this point with Vincent imo. No point in me saying how marvellous he's been etc, we all know that. But now, and for a long time now, he's not been able to reliably contribute.

I am not sure if I buy this "give him a coaching role" idea either. Maybe. But (a) he may not be interested, and (b) he may not be any good. If he's up to it and wants to do it, then fine. But we cannot be overly sentimental and pay people to do jobs for which they are unsuited. I don't think the club "owes" him anything at this point. They've paid him perhaps £15m over the past three years, plus God knows how much in medical costs. The club has been more than decent already.

The longest minor injury i've ever seen with him back training next week never seemingly happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.