Champions League 2017/18 - Knock Out Stages

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
Team supported
ABU & The Bus Wreckers
Looking like we will get one of the following at present, I have assumed the Pool will finish runners-up in their group.
  • Basel
  • Bayern
  • Juventus
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
On current form i fancy us to dispatch any of them but would prefer Basel or Porto.

Looking like we will get one of the following at present, I have assumed the Pool will finish runners-up in their group.
  • Basel
  • Bayern
  • Juventus
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
On current form i fancy us to dispatch any of them but would prefer Basel or Porto.
Interestingly the rags would also have the same options but not Basel.

Wonder who'll get the better draw?

If playing now Real would be a great draw but I think we'll end up with Munich again.

We will have a better idea after the next round of games. When there is only 1 game to play. We still need 4 points from our next 2 games to be absolutely sure of finishing 1st place. I would settle for Basel, but I for see PSG getting them.

Interestingly the rags would also have the same options but not Basel.

Wonder who'll get the better draw?

If playing now Real would be a great draw but I think we'll end up with Munich again.
They would have Shaktar or Napoli instead of Basel, so only Porto would be significantley better than the others for them. To be honest too early to tell last year we were all pretty pleased with getting Monaco.

• Basel
  • Bayern
  • Juventus
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
Torn between Porto/Basel and an easier tie or a chance to hammer the Spanish/German/Italian rags while they're not at their best.

In other threads we're talking about resting players as we've qualified for the next round, as it stands if we are to win the group currently Seville would also be a possible opponent
50/50 of a real toughie
  • Basel
  • Bayern
  • Juventus
  • Seville
  • Porto
  • Real Madrid
Or finish runners up and it's 75% chance of a real tough draw
  • Barcelona
  • PSG
  • Roma
  • Besiktas

Have we with 100% certainty won our group yet? I don't think so. I hope we have after the next game (City vs Feyenoord, Napoli vs. Shaktar). If we win our group I would actually like us to draw Bayern and beat the bastards.

Have we with 100% certainty won our group yet? I don't think so. I hope we have after the next game (City vs Feyenoord, Napoli vs. Shaktar). If we win our group I would actually like us to draw Bayern and beat the bastards.

No, we haven't. If we beat Feyenoord and Shakhtar beat Napoli, we will have 15 points, they will have 12. So then if they beat us in Ukraine it all comes down to the head to head. Given they lost 2-0 in Manchester they need to beat us 3-0 to qualify as group winners.

No, we haven't. If we beat Feyenoord and Shakhtar beat Napoli, we will have 15 points, they will have 12. So then if they beat us in Ukraine it all comes down to the head to head. Given they lost 2-0 in Manchester they need to beat us 3-0 to qualify as group winners.
Would be better if Napoli take something off Shaktar then we don't have to worry at all about the result from the last game. That said I think we will win all six games as I suspect if Shaktar can't top the group they will also play a weakened team against us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.