Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does anyone think there is any possibility the owners could be planning a new stadium on the campus to replace the Etihad? Everything i see from them indicates they want the absolute best and the wow factor, and unless they are planning on spending an absolute fortune on the, then the current etihad just isnt that. If we go on to have the dream season this year then we are soon going to outgrow our current capacity and demand is going to grow and grow at a fast pace. Unless we start the NS extension this summer which isnt exactly looking likely, then we are looking another 3 years potentially before any kind of extension is complete.

Not a chance and it's not because he wouldn't want something mega special, or hasn't the funds

COMS was built with a grant from Sport England. Following the Commonwealth games the stadium was handed over to Manchester City Council (MCC), who then leased the stadium to Manchester City. All lease payments go to MCC and are ring fenced for sport projects in the Manchester area. It's the Commonwealth games legacy
When the takeover happened, ADUG liked the inside of the stadium but were very unimpressed with the outside and also the staffs offices. They originally wanted to build a brand new state of the art facility and knock COMS down (new stadium where the campus is, campus on the stadium and collar site)
To knock COMS down meant that ADUG would have to purchase the stadium. The issue here is that COMS was built using a Sport England grant and any money used to purchase COMS would go to directly to Sport England, not to MCC. As above, the stadium and its income is the Commonwealth games legacy
It would have been far more economical to knock COMS down and build a new stadium than redeveloping. But it meant the money leaving Manchester

Have been following this thread for years (including the archived thread) .
This is a genuine Question. - What is the Official capacity of the current Etihad ? - is it 54,500.
And is the record attendance vs.Bournemouth(hard to believe) / - 54,384 - ?
Just interested........

This is a genuine Question. - What is the Official capacity of the current Etihad ? - is it 54,500.
Just interested........

Quite possibly. You have to factor in segregation as to why certain bigger games will sell out, but have lower attendances.

If there were a revenue fall, it would be a drop in the ocean of our turnover
I would think that the club is waiting for a definite decision on safe standing before there is any work undertaken on the North Stand

As for the money tap to be turned off with regard to the development of the stadium, I personally do not believe it
City is the highest profile asset owned by HRH, so there is no way he wants us playing in a sub standard facility

I agree with you DD but I’m not the guy who gets the sack if ticket income falls. My view is the Club should announce the North Stand expansion and demand will grow. Build it and they will come.

Went to a breakfast seminar with the chief exec of Manchester life speaking this morning. Didn’t magage to ask directly about the stadium itself but a few snippets.

Got the very distinct impression the area around the stadium is a slow burner as they develop new Islington and ancoats. The first residents have moved in the manchester life schemes last week and they have sold the first 30 apartments in Murray’s mill. This is phase 1 of six phases of development essentially stretching from town to the etihad. The adug group have just bought the retail park (where toys r us is) as well so they continue to invest heavily in Manchester. The main news was that transport to the stadium is very much being looked at.

Think that may potentially be improved before the stand!

It will happen just maybe not just yet.

Just interested........
54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016)
Capacity: 55,097

Source: wiki

Hasn’t the Club always said that a decision on whether to expand the North Stand would be linked to the number of people on the Season Card Waiting List.

I agree that we could fill a 60k Stadium most of the time but I assume that Club want extra assurance about the level of demand. Without the supporter demand, some people in other parts of the ground will move to cheaper seats at the top of the North Stand and revenue would fall.
I enquired about the waiting list and was told that if you purchase the Cityzens Matchday membership you are automatically enrolled into the waiting list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.