Jadon Sancho

Pretty sure he said he was going down a bad path before he took up football? He's probably changed as a person since then but his attitude has seemed to remain the same. I fear where he might end up in years to come when he's made millions, he doesn't seem like a lad who's head is screwed on.

I really do not understand the " no path to the first team " argument. Jesus, Sterling, Sane, Stones all playing at an early age, a " Good backhander" for his agent , and a Summer move to London more likely.

It's far too early for people to say if him leaving was a mistake or not. Fact is he wasn't gonna get game time in our team anytime soon and he is getting game time there. Now if he makes 10-15 appearances this season and then next season becomes a regular then clearly it was the right move and if he ends up barely playing then it wasn't. A lot of the posts on here just come across as sour grapes cos one of our promising talents dared to leave us.

What the club absolutely does need to use this as is a wake up call to actually show the academy talent that there is a path to the first team. Forget all this "Well you might get a cup game here or there" bollocks, they need to be shown that we are willing to give them a real opportunity. Maffeo played out of his skin against the rags in the cup last season and we shipped him off on loan and bought Danilo. Now he's showing against Real and Barca that he was already good enough to play for us this season

We had to fight tooth and nail to get Tosin to sign a new contract cos he wanted more game time and so far he's only had a cup game with bloody Mangala being preferred over him. Foden is quite likely the most promising player we've produced in a long long time and it will be interesting to see if he's given a proper opportunity or if it will just be a couple of cup games and back to the EDS.

Either we start putting our trust in them or there will be plenty more Sancho's.
They will get game time when the league is sewn up.
Pep seems to do it that way, instead of throwing them in at the deep end.
If we win the league, expect to see them play.

As a City fan I have no time for this little toerag whatsoever! He was in one of the best set ups in world football with one of the best coaches at the helm but couldn't wait a year or so to try and make the breakthrough. He was offered 30k a week to stay at 17 but it still wasn't enough. That however isn't the main reason I dislike him. I dislike him because he disrespected the club I love by refusing to train and acting a Billy big bollocks while he was still wet behind the ears. I hope he crashed and burns and is flipping burgers somewhere soon!

I know where you are coming from.

I really do not understand the " no path to the first team " argument. Jesus, Sterling, Sane, Stones all playing at an early age, a " Good backhander" for his agent , and a Summer move to London more likely.

we bought all of those players for huge amounts of money though. they weren't trying to break into the first team from the academy. we haven't given any academy players a proper chance really, so u can understand it. he acted like a dick, but tbf he will get game time at dortmund, which would be brilliant for him and hes on the bench tonight, which he wouldn't have been at city. choice between playing for city reserves/ occasional cup game or dortmunds first team squad, id go to dortmund.

They will get game time when the league is sewn up.
Pep seems to do it that way, instead of throwing them in at the deep end.
If we win the league, expect to see them play.

hows any player meant to develop only playing when the leagues sewn up ?. so if we dont win the league or its close just dont play any young player ? i mean we might win the league on the last game of the season. that is not enough game time for them to develop. we either start trusting them and giving them proper game time or the likes of foden and diaz will leave. like sancho has.

theres just too many excuses, its like some fans are scared to play them.

hows any player meant to develop only playing when the leagues sewn up ?. so if we dont win the league or its close just dont play any young player ? i mean we might win the league on the last game of the season. that is not enough game time for them to develop. we either start trusting them and giving them proper game time or the likes of foden and diaz will leave. like sancho has.

theres just too many excuses, its like some fans are scared to play them.
Pep might play one of them, when a games won, but I reckon he will play 2 or 3 of them when the leagues won.
It's an educated guess, of course, on what he seems to have done previously.
Like last season, they won't get a chance, this season they might get a good run, is that better than ten mins, here and there. I've no idea, I'm afraid.

, but tbf he will get game time at dortmund, which would be brilliant for him and hes on the bench tonight, which he wouldn't have been at city. choice between playing for city reserves/ occasional cup game or dortmunds first team squad, id go to dortmund.

The lad is 17 years old and is just at the start of his full playing career which all being well should take him well into his mid thirties

It's ridiculously rare for a 17 year old to make an impact and hold a regular place at a top club, so it's nothing unusual that Sancho wasn't involved with the first team on match days
What he should have considered was his long term career and did he have the nouse, skill and cahoonas to really compete for a place in two years time (replacing Dave Silva) and allow himself to be nurtured. We've all seen that Rooney has totally burnt out, whether that be by playing too much football as a relative youngster or by lifestyle is up for debate, but it's probably a bit of both

Sancho may not be a "Billy Big Nuts" and has considered all his options and thought moving on is the best thing for his career and that City will only ever buy, rather than promote from within
But fair fucks to the lad for moving to a foreign land. It shows he has some balls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.