Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is The Mangler's season. He will score, at the right end, sooner of later! We will be drawn against Swindon or Rochdale in the FAC3, and The Mangler will have the game of his life. Am I the only one with faith in the lad?
If you're right you get to say I told you so even more than ever ;). You'll be able to pollute the country with your smugness!

This is The Mangler's season. He will score, at the right end, sooner of later! We will be drawn against Swindon or Rochdale in the FAC3, and The Mangler will have the game of his life. Am I the only one with faith in the lad?

No I like the lad. Think he isn't half as bad as some make out.

Yes you are, also if you look at what you wrote that is about his level. City get rid, a bad buy, move on.

To consider we chased mangala and fernando for 12 month the pair have been absolutely shit 50 odd million wasted,well at least we got rid of one.

Are we still trying to pretend he’s half decent and has a chance of playing regularly here?

You're right, our style changed, but a good defender (Kompany) is a good defender no matter what. All I am saying is that Mangala seems to be ok with beeing the 4th choise. Do you think we can do better than him? Keeping a good CB happy for beeing a 4th choise?

I think you need to understand what Pep wants from his defenders and then ask yourself does Mangala tick the boxes. Whether 1st or 4th choice every player will be expected to play his style, so do I think we can do better - yes, not because I dont rate Mangala as a traditional defender, but because he simply isn't a pep defender.

Are we still trying to pretend he’s half decent and has a chance of playing regularly here?

He only needs one game and dozens of people will say told you so forgetting all the other disasters. If he gets another run it's just more games for him to smash it into his own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.