Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His movement is his biggest asset. He was right in front of us in the second half and he was making some superb timed runs that just weren’t getting the passes they deserved. Thought he played very well, won us th3 penalty and could have had another.

His movement is his biggest asset. He was right in front of us in the second half and he was making some superb timed runs that just weren’t getting the passes they deserved.

yep, 2-3 situations early in 2nd half when he got pretty ignored by silva and kdb.

All attackers had some sloppy moments today and especially more in the second half, though we still created quite a few chances. Tiredness was visible with a number of players who up till now have gotten great results this season, and it makes sense. As for our wingers, Arsenal played a pretty rough game which earned them a lot of yellow cards and a penalty, and it was often our wingers and Sterling in particular getting the heavy treatment. He did well to keep pressure up so to cause the penalty.

I thought he didn’t have bad game thought Sane was poorer

Sane got physicly overpowered quite a few times i'd say. Still i will attribute it in part to tiredness and rough play of the opponent too.

Can't blame any of the players in particular if the drop in performance is visible trough the team, they still won 3-1, have some time to rest now, things are going superb.

One badish game and they all start flooding back to this thread.

come on man, he did make that pass or didn't make it !!!!

You should have seen the comments in the match thread right after, you wouldn't think he was our top scorer, the vitriol that poured forth was actually poisonous.

Sad stuff really, I logged out of the thread until near the end and only logged back in when KDB made a fluffed his pass in similar circumstances, he was roundly forgiven for his error though (not that I wanted to see pages and pages of him being called out or FFS KDB etc etc) unlike Sterling.

Pleased to see so many supporting him. Hope I'm proved wrong. But it's really not about this game or his stats. Just my eye for talent. Think jesus brings out the best in him tbf so we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.