Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you on this Dennis. The lad wouldn’t let us down if given the chance.
Yep.he has got it.there is no further learning from ths bench or youth team football.he is ready.
And hd is not just any promising player,who needs a few mins here and there,keep him happy.
He should be in our first team starting now.who do we leave out? Not my problem.thats a side issue.
And for any England football fans ....it is even more important. He is a Pass master.They,and the WC dont come around very often.

Yep.he has got it.there is no further learning from ths bench or youth team football.he is ready.
And hd is not just any promising player,who needs a few mins here and there,keep him happy.
He should be in our first team starting now.who do we leave out? Not my problem.thats a side issue.
And for any England football fans ....it is even more important. He is a Pass master.They,and the WC dont come around very often.

Yep he will be 18 come the World Cup, same age as Owen was in 98.

It becomes your problem when you champion his use in the starting team. The two players who play regularly where he plays are David Silva and De Bruyne, which one would you leave out to start Foden?

He should be on the bench ahead of Yaya imo, who days at our club are spent as either a holding or attacking mifielder unfortunately.

One of the best players on the pitch today! Serious question - how old are you?
Whats my age got to do with anything pal? Serious question..:)
It is without question that Silva was one of the best players on the pitch today...Other players looked fatigued,as their midweek efforts took their toll...
The real question however is...Could City have performed better today,with Phil Foden in the team?
I think the answer is Yes! ..Not only does the player offer a bite in the tackle to go with his pass-master range,he also offers a very real goal scoring threat..
The manager of any football team must always strive to get better.every time.Imo,a mid table team like arsenal at the etihad,could have been put to the sword utilizing the skills of any number of our highly technical midfield masters,but today was a day whsn Mr Foden could/should have started,or at the very least come off the bench...for his time is already running out....to play sufficient games with which to show his undoubted talents and get into the England team (and they do need him) in time for next summers world cup....A City midfielder in the engine room of the international side..takes little old City truly onto the global stage...which is what our owners crave...
Some may say Silva is the better player..i note @MCFC1993 said earlier in this thread, after watching Foden play "i thought David Silva had sneaked on at moments in that game,he looked that good" maybe the gulf in class is not as wide between the two players as you think......?
@TCIB and the OP @Bill both think the player worthy of a start (or at least they did last summer)..so its not just little "old" me that thinks we have a midfield genius on our hands.
The best manager in the world was moved to say "i cant find the words "to describe Fodens performance against utd...he also cannot find a place in the team for the player...a real shame,when,imo,We have the opportunity to up both Citys and Englands game.
Yes,i think he is that good.Play him anywhere in the teams midfield..,just get him in it...No slight whatsoever on any of our midfield players who are all of top quality..but perhaps only KDB offers Assists,Goals and work rate.....like Mr Foden.
This week our top international players dive into their respective games.Our own home grown,potential game changer,will be kicking his heels once more,another chance to play him in the premiership has just gone.....

David Silva.

Mate go and have a lay down. At 17 Foden is a class player, huge potential and literally the world at his feet if Pep introduces him to the top flight properly (which I think he will). But to say he should be a starter in place of Silva is just ridiculous at this point in time.

He won’t be a starter this season. I don’t think he will be a starter next season either, but I am 100% sure he will be integrated into the first team in the next couple of seasons. Let Pep take care of him, he knows what he’s doing.

Whats my age got to do with anything pal? Serious question..:)
It is without question that Silva was one of the best players on the pitch today...Other players looked fatigued,as their midweek efforts took their toll...
The real question however is...Could City have performed better today,with Phil Foden in the team?
I think the answer is Yes! ..Not only does the player offer a bite in the tackle to go with his pass-master range,he also offers a very real goal scoring threat..
The manager of any football team must always strive to get better.every time.Imo,a mid table team like arsenal at the etihad,could have been put to the sword utilizing the skills of any number of our highly technical midfield masters,but today was a day whsn Mr Foden could/should have started,or at the very least come off the bench...for his time is already running out....to play sufficient games with which to show his undoubted talents and get into the England team (and they do need him) in time for next summers world cup....A City midfielder in the engine room of the international side..takes little old City truly onto the global stage...which is what our owners crave...
Some may say Silva is the better player..i note @MCFC1993 said earlier in this thread, after watching Foden play "i thought David Silva had sneaked on at moments in that game,he looked that good" maybe the gulf in class is not as wide between the two players as you think......?
@TCIB and the OP @Bill both think the player worthy of a start (or at least they did last summer)..so its not just little "old" me that thinks we have a midfield genius on our hands.
The best manager in the world was moved to say "i cant find the words "to describe Fodens performance against utd...he also cannot find a place in the team for the player...a real shame,when,imo,We have the opportunity to up both Citys and Englands game.
Yes,i think he is that good.Play him anywhere in the teams midfield..,just get him in it...No slight whatsoever on any of our midfield players who are all of top quality..but perhaps only KDB offers Assists,Goals and work rate.....like Mr Foden.
This week our top international players dive into their respective games.Our own home grown,potential game changer,will be kicking his heels once more,another chance to play him in the premiership has just gone.....
Foden has the potential to surpass Silva but he is definitely not better than him now, jesus christ you are making him seem like a messiah. Foden looks phenomenal FOR HIS AGE, he does not have the stamina yet to play a whole 90 minutes in this team, we run for ages, and he cannot yet handle the physicality of this league yet, Silva is small but he has muscle that lets him resist tackles, Foden is still twiggish.

The ideal thing with Foden is to give him sub appearances when games are basically won, or cup games against lesser opposition. Same with Brahim btw.

Foden has the potential to surpass Silva but he is definitely not better than him now, jesus christ you are making him seem like a messiah. Foden looks phenomenal FOR HIS AGE, he does not have the stamina yet to play a whole 90 minutes in this team, we run for ages, and he cannot yet handle the physicality of this league yet, Silva is small but he has muscle that lets him resist tackles, Foden is still twiggish.

The ideal thing with Foden is to give him sub appearances when games are basically won, or cup games against lesser opposition. Same with Brahim btw.
Agree with this. Hopefully City and Pep have a 2-3 year plan for Phil just in the way you describe so by the time he's 19 or so then he's playing fairly regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.