Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
We got absolutely battered there last season, so it'll be interesting to see how we fare this time around. No Otamendi and possibly no Delph (depending on how serious his injury was yesterday), so there will have to be some changes defensively.

Hopefully nobody is injured during the break and managers rotate their squads to keep key players fresh for their club teams i.e. Martinez doesn't play KDB for 90 mins in both games etc. If Walker plays centre half and Danilo at RB that might negate the long ball over the top tactic favoured by Leicester. I can't see us repeating last year's performance there and can see us winning comfortably by two or three. P.S. have two tickets and looking for a third if there are any spares...

Very nervous about this game it's a big test in my opinion. They are very different to any other team in the premier league. Having said that though the team we put out last time around against them was a Frankenstein team I doubt pep will make the same mistake twice

I doubt suicide footy will be the order of the day again. It will be a great match to give relief to where we were and are. I know we can see it already but you get my point.

1-4 I think it could end up if Leicester burn out to fast, Pep has sussed the league and i find it hard to believe Pep did not go over that not once, not twice but thrice in his head minimum.

If we tempt them on early and get their forwards making fruitless runs that would be ideal.

I don't think Leicester can play against us, like they do against the vast majority of PL teams, there wont be acres of space for Vardy and Mahrez to exploit and City will be pressing them, forcing them to hoof it long, Stones and Co will lap that up all day long, it will be a tough game granted but I can see City winning 2-0 or 3-1 and being fairly comfortable at Leicester.. Pep learns fast and last seasons debacle will be pored over by him and his coaching team.. City will be ready, recharged and do the business..!

Think Pep will be well aware of the dangers that come with this game after last season.

With Otamendi suspended it will be interesting to see what he does at centre back, I'm guessing that Kompany won't be fit, so does he move Fernandinho back and play Gundogan or play Walker or Danilo at centre back with the other playing right back.

We're better in possession and against the press this year so their tactics won't be as effective plus they have neither Kante or Drinkwater, which means they are weaker than they have been in the past 2 seasons. They also have a slow ageing backline that we should be able to exploit with our pace.

We're definitely at a bit of a disadvantage as Puel will have most of his squad available for the next 12 days while ours spread all over the world.

Starting XI
Ederson

Walker
Stones
Fernandinho
Danilo

Gundogan
De Bruyne
Silva

Sané
Jesus
Aguero

Subs
Bravo
Kompany
Yaya Toure
Bernardo
Sterling
Foden
Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.