Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming no Delph and Kompany then I can see Danilo at LB, Dinho in the middle with Stones and Walker RB, and Gundogan in midfield.
Assuming no Kompany then Danilo in the middle with Stones, Delph/Walker as the full backs....midfield onwards picks itself pretty much.

If everyone is available then I still wouldn't be surprised to see Vinny start on the bench. He might be fit but he's not gonna be match sharp, and that would be a concern vs their attacking contingent. Thought Danilo was excellent at the back vs Liverpool (admittedly as part of a 3) and he's more than capable of slotting in there. Ditto for Walker though we'd lose his threat on the wing. Fernandinho does such a good job in midfield for us that I think we need to keep him there if possible, however I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he started at centre half.

Who knew Otamendi would become such an important cog in the machine? :)

I think it's more we need to sign a centre half or two. To my mind it's more important than another left back when we have more cover there or a defensive midfielder that can wait till next season.

But if January means Evans then I dont want that either!

I think it's more we need to sign a centre half or two. To my mind it's more important than another left back when we have more cover there or a defensive midfielder that can wait till next season.

But if January means Evans then I dont want that either!

Yeah I'm sure the club will look to spend some cash on a centre half in the summer (I'd say January but its a notoriously difficult window and with the way we're playing I'm not sure we'd be getting the right kind of player in)

Without wanting to stray too far OT but I'm not convinced we need a DM. Certainly not a typical 'defensive midfielder'. I'm sure Dinho will get at least another year, and we'll need to look for a body to replace Yaya (be that a new signing or promoting from within). How Pep plays doesn't really lend itself to lining up with a pure defensive midfielder (a NDJ type if you will)

We were pathetic at Leicester last season so it will be interesting to see how we line up in 2 weeks.

I think everyone is reading into last years result too much (it’s understandable) coming off the chealsea fiasco with kun and dinho suspended meant we were out of sorts, really until gabby came into the team, our 11 this year will be unrecognizable to that team that stepped out there with “bunny in the headlights” looks, we should keep this winning streak well on track

with no Ota I really hope Stones isn't made to play 180 minutes worth of international friendlies.

Yeah I'm sure the club will look to spend some cash on a centre half in the summer (I'd say January but its a notoriously difficult window and with the way we're playing I'm not sure we'd be getting the right kind of player in)

Without wanting to stray too far OT but I'm not convinced we need a DM. Certainly not a typical 'defensive midfielder'. I'm sure Dinho will get at least another year, and we'll need to look for a body to replace Yaya (be that a new signing or promoting from within). How Pep plays doesn't really lend itself to lining up with a pure defensive midfielder (a NDJ type if you will)

We were pathetic at Leicester last season so it will be interesting to see how we line up in 2 weeks.

Agree re DM it's just a position often prioritised by others over centre half.

Guaranteed...Southgate wants the team to play out from the back.

can't wait to see the technical prowess of Hart, Phil Jones and Jordan Henderson passing the ball around their own penalty spot, I'm sure everything will be just fine!

While Nico's suspension is a pain, at least it will not be against the Rags or Spurts. Suggestions of moving Walker in and bringing in Danilo is the best idea. Mangala should have been the first choice to sub for Nico but, unfortunately, he is bone-headed and makes too many bone-headed mistakes during a gain which could be costly. Walker should be able to match Vardy for speed. One thing we all might be forgetting is that Pep will make sure we don't mess up like last year. He'll have the CB's placed so we don't get screwed with a long pass plus we have Ederson this year. All Bravo did in last year's game was pick the ball out of the net. It was a bad game for him. Thankfully, in the Wolves game he really played the GK position or we wouldn't be playing Leicester in the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.