David Silva signs one year contract extension(p33)

What this circle? :-)

Like a benny hill sketch - the crowd actually laughed. Watching city will never be the same when this genius leaves. Hope he plays with us till he is about 37!! He is absolute class. He doesn’t need any pace as his mind is so far ahead.

I say it every time but please city name a stand after him!

If its in that vile piece of shit the sun it must be true.
Wonder if we could maybe get a swap....
For milner

lol he did actually circle one of them to, i laughed in real time but did not see an Arsenal player actually got circles ran round him; the rest doing a benny hill running after him, fantastic hahaha.
I thought he'd did for a treat for everyone that stayed past 85 mins ;-) was pissing myself when he did it.

Apparently Pep was told to bid for Silva as he'd be perfect for them, but he was too expensive. £24m was a lot back then, but not astronomical, however Barca going for Silva back then, would have been more of the same type of player for them.

Whatever the truth is, I'm glad to fuck they didn't get him & we did.

Didn’t Dave say at the time he joined us that we had shown the most interest and desire to sign him?

Merlin should be given a contract for life , i know he wants to end his career in his home land of Gran Canaria and the agreeable mediterranean climate , with the wonderful fish delicacies but maybe we could persuade him to stay in Manchester , he obviously hasnt witnessed the beauty of a sunset over the Manchester Ship Canal and cod,chips and mushy peas.

Didn’t Dave say at the time he joined us that we had shown the most interest and desire to sign him?
Valencia needed to sell as they were up to their necks in dudu. The three major stars they had were David Villa, David Silva & Juan Mata in that order. Valencia sold Villa to Barca to help clear the debts, but it wasn't enough, so Silva was the next up for sale the following season.

A few clubs were in for him, but City made him a priority signing. Silva knew Valencia needed to sell him, so he opted for the club who made the biggest effort to get him which was City, and the rest his history.

In my humble opinion, he's the best player in Manchester City Football Club's history & the word legend, will never do him justice. It will truly be a sad day when he finally hangs up his boots, but I just hope it isn't for a few years yet.

In my humble opinion, he's the best player in Manchester City Football Club's history & the word legend, will never do him justice. It will truly be a sad day when he finally hangs up his boots, but I just hope it isn't for a few years yet.

He certainly could be. It's incredible really that there could be any debate about it. Makes you realise what a special team we had with Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero in it, all at their peak.

Last edited:
He certainly could be. It's incredible really that there could be any debate about it. Makes you realise what a special team we had with Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero in it, all at their peak.
I saw a re-run of our start in season 2011-12 & the intricate patterns weaved by Toure, Nasri, Silva Tevez & Aguero were just something else.

I always had faith in Silva, but he faced an onslaught of negativity from the media pundits who said he was too small & frail to succeed in the PL.

He was injured when he arrived, & needed a rest after the Euro's & didn't play a match until October IIRC. He struggled for the first couple of months & even I was beginning to doubt him, but by December when he was over his ankle injury & fully match fit, he's never looked back since.

If he was at Liverpool or ManUre, he'd have been hailed as a world great by all & sundry, but we all know there's an underlying dislike of 'Grotesque New Oil Money Manchester City'

Fuck the lot of them anyway. City & Spain know how good he really is & Silva has the stats, titles & medals to prove it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.