Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Fame Monster

Not seen this talked about enough in the press, absolutely incredible record and achievement and one that should last for a long time I think, given the demand on modern teams of playing in domestic and European competitions.

I know there's another thread on statistics and stuff so apologies but think this is a talking point in itself and imo should be broadcast and celebrated as widely as possible.

Manchester City 2017/18 - history makers.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-city-record-winning-streak-13910115

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...y-club-record-confirmed-leading-statisticians

N.B. This is the record for all comps to the naysayers, beating the previous record of 14 (set by Arsneal in 1987).

Last edited:
I keep hearing this, but doesn’t the draw with Wolves go down as a 0-0 in 90 mins?

I keep hearing this, but doesn’t the draw with Wolves go down as a 0-0 in 90 mins?

According to who? Statisticians like Gary James (in the other thread) have it down as a win. It's a win in international football as well, no-one ever says France and Italy drew the world cup in 2006.

It was 0-0 in 90 mins. But we won the tie.

If the pens were the other way round, we would have lost.

It was a cup game, and by the rules it can be decided on penalties, which it was. We won.

So there. :-)

According to who? Statisticians like Gary James (in the other thread) have it down as a win. It's a win in international football as well, no-one ever says France and Italy drew the world cup in 2006.
Ask the bookies. Definitely counts as a draw if level after 90 mins.

YahX.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.