City 10 Huddersfield 1

Nearly didn't go and was then offered a ticket in the Main Stand at the last minute. Remember confidently predicting at half-time that we wouldn't score again!

It's mad to think the time that's passed in my life since that game is nearly twice as long as what preceded it. It really does fly by.

I was there - stood on the police barrier at the back of the kippax. Happy days.

My first live City game....thanks Dad

all down hill from there then!

I was only there because my son was born the week before. I had been due to work but had taken some holiday to help look after the baby (no paternity entitlement in those days) - my brother called round to see his first nephew and my missus told us both to clear off to the football and leave her in peace - so glad we did!

My most vivid memory of the day was drifting down the Kippax towards the exit with David White flying past us towards scoring the tenth - great moment.

30 Years. Bloody hell.

The Kippax was rocking when the 10th went in. I almost felt sorry for their fans; at least they can say "I was there".

We've had some up's and down's since then.

I could not say for definite but didn’t they show it on match of the day even though we were not in the first division. I definitely watched it on TV but that could have been on the Sunday

I could not say for definite but didn’t they show it on match of the day even though we were not in the first division. I definitely watched it on TV but that could have been on the Sunday
It was an ITV highlights game
I set the video to record it and stayed at my girlfriend's
When I went home the following night my mum asked if it was important as Dad had recorded over the first six goals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.