Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry state of affairs at Arsenal. Team needs a massive overhaul. They need 2 CB's, 2 CM's and to replace Ozil & Sanchez beore they even consider being title challengers again.

Their team yesterday:

Cech
Bellerin Koscienly Monreal Kolasniac
Coquelin Xhaka Ramsey
Iwobi Sanchez Ozil
Keepers getting on, Left back playing CB, 3 championship midfielders and 2 forwards that dont want to be there.

Jesus Christ thats bad.

We did have 4 centre backs out injured, & i'd hardly class Ramsey & Xhaka as Championship midfielders when we're still competing for top 4. `

You had a team the other day that has a defence of Walker, Stones, Otamendi & Delph, & a holding midfield of Fernandinho. I would hardly say they are stellar names in world football. The difference is, you have a great coach, which has players playing to a plan, playing to a system that the players all believe in & buy into. You are full of confidence & when you are like that results start to come naturally.

We on the other hand seem a bit stale, with players who seem a bit unsure what they are trying to do half the time, especially without the ball, who don't seem to go into big games with much of a plan apart from lets try & wing it.

We did have 4 centre backs out injured, & i'd hardly class Ramsey & Xhaka as Championship midfielders when we're still competing for top 4. `

You had a team the other day that has a defence of Walker, Stones, Otamendi & Delph, & a holding midfield of Fernandinho. I would hardly say they are stellar names in world football. The difference is, you have a great coach, which has players playing to a plan, playing to a system that the players all believe in & buy into. You are full of confidence & when you are like that results start to come naturally.

We on the other hand seem a bit stale, with players who seem a bit unsure what they are trying to do half the time, especially without the ball, who don't seem to go into big games with much of a plan apart from lets try & wing it.

Unfortunately for you , until Wenger decides to leave your club your top four hopes are now non existent because there are at least 5 teams better than AFC in the Premier league ,but if Pep was managing your squad of players you would definitely be finishing top four and making good progress in the Champs league because you have some technically gifted players but zero spirit or team ethic , i have no idea why Wenger doesnt fall on his sword , his bitter after match comments do him no favours , hes a sad old man living in the past.

Bet you enjoyed Silva's Benny Hill cameo on 88 minutes ;-)

Other than Delph, the players you mention are all amongst the best in Europe. Pep believes Fern is one of the top three holding midfielders in the world. Yes, he is a good coach but he also depends on the quality of the players at his disposal. We saw last season what happens when he doesn’t have the right quality. Pep would improve your present squad massively over what Wenger is achieving just now. He still wouldn’t win the title with your present squad though. I’m afraid you are going to have a hard road over the next few years. I was quite critical of our performance on Sunday, if we had got out of second gear god only knows what the score would have been. Oh, and I thought Wenger’s comments on Stirling were nothing short of disgraceful. What were your views on that?

Unfortunately for you , until Wenger decides to leave your club your top four hopes are now non existent because there are at least 5 teams better than AFC in the Premier league ,but if Pep was managing your squad of players you would definitely be finishing top four and making good progress in the Champs league because you have some technically gifted players but zero spirit or team ethic , i have no idea why Wenger doesnt fall on his sword , his bitter after match comments do him no favours , hes a sad old man living in the past.

We are currently still in the hunt, but we are probably relying on the vulnerability of other teams than our own good play. You are way out in front, lets forget about you guys. The other teams still have an air of vulnerability about them. We've played both Chelsea & Liverpool away so at least they are out the way. The game vs Spurs at home will probably define our season, win that & we can retain some optimism we can at least compete for 4th, lose that probably tells us more than any other result exactly where we are.
Our 2-2 game with you guys way back in April is the last home game we didn't win, so we do have a good home record still.

As for Wenger, he's never really been that good a loser. He admits this himself. Most managers aren't. It's a shame from our point of view it doesn't drive him better to improve the team more significantly.

Especially love the bit asking about "What did we do to deserve this?" - What part of this picture isn't living up to expectations? Arsenal fans think they should be winning the league, but nothing about their set up indicates they're capable of doing so. Short on investment and coached by a dinosaur. Get some owners who are happy to spend the money they fleece from the fans and a coach/dof set up that can build the right team to compete.

Edit: Ah funnily enough, some sense,

Last edited:
Other than Delph, the players you mention are all amongst the best in Europe. Pep believes Fern is one of the top three holding midfielders in the world. Yes, he is a good coach but he also depends on the quality of the players at his disposal. We saw last season what happens when he doesn’t have the right quality. Pep would improve your present squad massively over what Wenger is achieving just now. He still wouldn’t win the title with your present squad though. I’m afraid you are going to have a hard road over the next few years. I was quite critical of our performance on Sunday, if we had got out of second gear god only knows what the score would have been. Oh, and I thought Wenger’s comments on Stirling were nothing short of disgraceful. What were your views on that?

The players mentioned were often criticised last season. Not just by other fans / pundits but plenty of times on here as well. It was thought that Otamandi & Stones struggle without Kompany beside them for instance. None of them (apart from Walker when at Spurs), were even getting spoken about for team of the year etc.
Sure, he's added some good quality in the summer, but only really Ederson & Walker have made a big contribution this season so far.
It's not a crticism, it's the a massive compliment. Pep has went up in a lot of rival fans estimations this season. If you look through all the jealousy, then many are seeing it as a great achievement that the defending side of things has been so good with the players mentioned. Me personally, i like the way that he's made a bit of a mockery of the fact we keep getting told you need tall, athletic players & some hammer throwers to succeed in England. He has a midfield of Fernandinho, Silva & De Bruyne with the likes of Sterling, Aguero & Jesus up front, & he's playing the best football in Europe & sweeping all before him. Give me Pep over Mourinho every day of the week, & twice on a Sunday! Even hot air guys like DT are giving respect.

As for Wenger, yep his comments were a disgrace. He does himself no favours sometimes, difference now being most Arsenal fans are a bit sick of the excuses & would rather he spent his energy working on the teams deficiencies (although most also acknowledge he's not the man to do so either).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.