Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Arse may hold the EPL record, but that was promised with maybe a draw or defeat in cup competitions. We have continued our run through the cup comps too.

The winner in the LC matches, isn’t decided until after the last kick, so penalties count, so we won. I’m the old days we would have gone to a replay, but fixture congestion has stopped this nowadays.

It's not though, is it. A club record obviously, but not an official record as it's across multiple competitions.
I presume the opening post is talking about one of the records that I highlighted the other week which is based on this: https://talksport.com/football/most...itions-liverpool-man-united-arsenal-maybe?p=6. Talksport claimed last year that Arsenal had the record for most consecutive wins in all competitions for a top flight English club. They said it was 14 and, if they are correct, that means City did indeed break the record with the victory over Arsenal. I contacted numerous stattos at national organisations to confirm whether Talksport were right about Arsenal's record but no one seems to know if they were. Sky Sports' leading statistician (who incidentally does rightly count the LC win as a win) believes it is now a record but, like me, does not have stats for every top flight club that has ever existed in England. Talksport haven't responded to my request. Personally, I think the Talksport figure is pretty low, but if they claimed it as a record then City have certainly beaten it and I'd have expected Talksport (if no one else) to have made a big deal out of it but they haven't.

On the club record of consecutive wins - I've had it confirmed by leading national statisticians and compilers of football record books that they are counting City's current club record (including the win over Wolves) as a new record and it will appear as such in their statistical books. I explained on another thread about the precedents etc and with their confirmation we should now just accept this and see how great the record becomes. This is a major landmark for the club and with other sequence records about to go, we should celebrate them all and not downplay them. No other club would and both Arsenal & MUFC have celebrated wins on penalties as part of their own record sequences in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.