City 10 Huddersfield 1

Remember it like yesterday, was first year student at Huddersfield Poly, came home for weekend to watch match and as others have said Huddersfield were the better team until we scored, I was thinking how embarrassing it would be on Monday when back at Poly. Thankfully worked out a bit different. Walked through town centre with City shirt on, on the Monday Morning and got some strange looks.
30 years later and son has just started at Huddersfield Uni, wouldn't mind a repeat score in a few weeks (but not of the one at Leeds Road in the League the same season!)

30 years ago blimey. I was 13/14 that season, went to the first game of the season v Plymouth and only managed about 10 others, remember watching the highlights on Granada that night and Martin tyler getting very excited the more goals we scored.
Andy may scoring for them so it was 11-0 in theory ha ha.

Stood in my then usual place in windy corner just under the edge of the north stand roof peering through green netting to keep dry.

Could have been behind before NcNab scored as well.

Must be only a couple of days to the Plymouth Full Members match or whatever it was called where we also scored 6, should have been 15!!!!

Has any other city player scored back to back hat tricks?

Then Reading away at Elm Park. 18 goals in a week. I was at all three

By the time we have finished the attendance will have grown past 18K but for my part I can put my hand on heart and say I was there. Where have 30 years gone?

I was in windy corner for this as well. There was a group of us in usual place towards the back in the middle. Totally different back then of course as you used to get mates of mates tagging along on an ad hoc basis and paying on the gate. Humour at the time was very black and my overriding memory of the game was laughing with disbelief as the goals racked up.

Whilst it wasn't York away the crowds were very low in 87/88. The average home gate that year was 19472 - the first time it had dipped below 20,000 since the mid 60s. Not been lower since of course.

I was in the corner of the Kippax at the North Stand end in the second half. (I loved the fact that you could move around the Kippax to get a different view).

When they scored at 9-0 it really pissed me off. Back on cloud 9 when the tenth went in.

We may do this again this season; someone will definitely cop it at the Etihad.

Remember it like yesterday, was first year student at Huddersfield Poly, came home for weekend to watch match and as others have said Huddersfield were the better team until we scored, I was thinking how embarrassing it would be on Monday when back at Poly. Thankfully worked out a bit different. Walked through town centre with City shirt on, on the Monday Morning and got some strange looks.
30 years later and son has just started at Huddersfield Uni, wouldn't mind a repeat score in a few weeks (but not of the one at Leeds Road in the League the same season!)
We dont like to talk about the return fixture at Leeds road.i was prob there for yhe 0-0, but have no memory of the game whats so ever.
Funny that. Can remember everything about the 2-2 cup game inc how tasty the meat pies were...and the infamous crutch incident towards the end of the game..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.