tv on wall

mcfcmick

Looking at putting a tv on the wall possibly a 55 inch but problem is that the wall is a studded plasterboard wall would anybody know if this would be possible or would a tv of up to 60 inch be to much for the wall

Looking at putting a tv on the wall possibly a 55 inch but problem is that the wall is a studded plasterboard wall would anybody know if this would be possible or would a tv of up to 60 inch be to much for the wall

I have the same setup 65” on a plasterboard wall. It will be totally fine as long as you screw the bracket into the stud itself.

Try and use the battens that the wall is mounted on. Modern Tvs are pretty light compared the old CRT type so you should get away with it

Expanding hollow wall anchors are pretty good , we use them on sites for my project to mount air and power reels that are pretty heavy. You are supposed to use an application tool to compress them but you can get away with an electric screwdriver to prime them if you are careful

The self drilling ones are good too that you insert with a screwdriver then a screw goes into the centre...

Just screw the bracket into the studs. No need to fuck about with bits of plastic crap.
The bracket will have a load of holes in it so that you can catch two studs.

Just screw the bracket into the studs. No need to fuck about with bits of plastic crap.
The bracket will have a load of holes in it so that you can catch two studs.
A jobbing builder here by the look of it... I always think and rethink jobs to avoid fuck ups but this approach might also work ...

If the plasterboard was nailed or screwed then it might sound like me stating the bleeding obvious but a magnet will tell you where the battens are (or the screws are anyway)

A jobbing builder here by the look of it... I always think and rethink jobs to avoid fuck ups but this approach might also work ...

If the plasterboard was nailed or screwed then it might sound like me stating the bleeding obvious but a magnet will tell you where the battens are (or the screws are anyway)

Just tap on the wall with your knuckles and you'll know where the studs are.

Not seen those before but they look spot on
I think they were on Dragon's Den. I've used them myself, they're often found on the counters at building merchants. They decent but you seem to have to know the thickness of the plaster board before hand to use them efficiently.
They'll hold large radiators to studded walls though, so they'll easily hold a TV.
As already said, you could always screw straight into the timber studs. This would also give you piece of mind that your tele's going know where. If you can get hold of some rare earth magnets (they're cheap enough on ebay) you'll be able to find the studs with drilling loads of holes into your wall. They'll pick up the screws through the plaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.