Paradise Papers Leak

OK Then. So it's OK to avoid tax as long as it's for the greater good. So it's OK for Microsoft to avoid tax as Bill Gates gives billions away to charity.
As I also said this is a matter or moral opinion there is no wrong or right answer.

But as we are brining up Bill Gates put Warren Buffet in the same bag screwing the US out of millions in tax receipts with his offshore companies. It all down to opinion but in the mane I do agree with Bill Gates keeping the cash away from the perma tanned buffoon and his supporters whilst contributing to some more worthwhile deserving causes good on him.

As I also said this is a matter or moral opinion there is no wrong or right answer.

But as we are brining up Bill Gates put Warren Buffet in the same bag screwing the US out of millions in tax receipts with his offshore companies. It all down to opinion but in the mane I do agree with Bill Gates keeping the cash away from the perma tanned buffoon and his supporters whilst contributing to some more worthwhile deserving causes good on him.
He's not keeping it away from the American President he's keeping it away from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. I do agree with you that it's more efficient to avoid the tax and spend the money yourself.

So you would advocate not paying tax if you don't support the government in power?

The Queen also has plenty of charitable exploits; why are you happy to let Gates off but not her?

No it isn't.

When most of the working population have had no real pay rise for a decade or so, when zero hours contracts have multiplied, when employment rights have been reduced and when essential public services have been significantly diminished......................then the actions and principles of the governing classes (and I include the major corporations in this) are fundamental to people's perception of fairness and reasonableness.

Whether it is legal or not is not the point - these activities (tax avoidance/tax evasion - call it what you will) simply stink of hypocrisy and craven self interest to most people who have had to put up with austerity.

It undermines the trust in government and governance.
Exactly, well said. The rest of us have to make up the shortfall. As for corporations who sell here but avoid tax, do their employees not use roads, schools, nhs ?

If he holds a British passport (and they all do; no matter how much republican nonsense they spout) he is indirectly supporting the British Monarchy by paying a small royalty to the Crown Estate.
He could have surrendered his British passport to the Embassy for cancellation and applied to register a declaration of renunciation of British nationality otherwise you could say he was a bit of a hypocrite for espousing republican nonsense.

@SWP's back I see you edited your post. Just to clear up: I know Australia didn't pay anything I was stating that if he still held a British passport he himself made a small donation to the Crown Estate. We should thank him for his donation.
He edited his post so he didnt look......
Im abritish citizen who moved here 6 years ago and not a resident here.

Why do these threads end up looking like rags arguing with scousers over who is the most holy?
The left vs. right jibes, Labour vs. Tory are fucking boring childish point scoring bollocks.
Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book and it’s alive and well.
Have you not noticed a trend with @SWP's back yet? He does this to posters he doesnt like. Quite clearly attempted to sabotage the thread by spreading lies about myself. He doesnt even fucking know me.

@Ric you can deal with this.......again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.