VAR (PL introduction 2019)

It should help but ex pro and media looked at Eddie get kicked in head v Liverpool a 1000 times from every angle and still majority thought not dangerous play ..... So I feel interpretation is the issue not really whether incident was seen.

It’ll potentially make the game fairer pal.
To me that's not really an issue, soon enough the whole world will be on our side enjoying the beautiful game. My issue is the stop start nature of it. Pundits can look at an incident all week and still not agree, so how long is it going to be before we are having American style breaks all the way through the game making it last all day while we spend more on hotdogs and become the same stature as our American friends. Sorry but it's not for me.

i wonder how they would have ruled Silva's position in the Jesus goal, and how ruddy long it would take em to do it

i remember the France international the other month, seemingly clear cut cases for the VAR, but it still took about 45 secs and the players sort of stood about waiting, it was all a bit crap

To me that's not really an issue, soon enough the whole world will be on our side enjoying the beautiful game. My issue is the stop start nature of it. Pundits can look at an incident all week and still not agree, so how long is it going to be before we are having American style breaks all the way through the game making it last all day while we spend more on hotdogs and become the same stature as our American friends. Sorry but it's not for me.

Yeah I agree if it’s stop start constantly then it’ll be shit. Adverts being put in the middle etc but hopefully it won’t delay the flow if the game too much. If it doesn’t then I can only see it’s implementation as a positive thing.

Too many offside decisions are wrong for example. A quick look on a slowed down video will give us the correct decision so it’s fair. The Chelsea game at home last season was the final straw for me and any confidence I have in a human completely running the game. The less a human has to do, the better.

Yeah I agree if it’s stop start constantly then it’ll be shit. Adverts being put in the middle etc but hopefully it won’t delay the flow if the game too much. If it doesn’t then I can only see it’s implementation as a positive thing.

Too many offside decisions are wrong for example. A quick look on a slowed down video will give us the correct decision so it’s fair. The Chelsea game at home last season was the final straw for me and any confidence I have in a human completely running the game. The less a human has to do, the better.

Wow, robot football? ;-)

It should help but ex pro and media looked at Eddie get kicked in head v Liverpool a 1000 times from every angle and still majority thought not dangerous play ..... So I feel interpretation is the issue not really whether incident was seen.

If the issue is not clear, then go with the referee's original decision (as in cricket).

VAR wich is short for video asssisted referee system .or somet like that.I t going to be trialled in the Uk for the England and Germany game at Wembley then inncertain FA cup games next season .I f it a success what the fu*k is the likes of all the moaning managers and pundits going to talk about .They might even have to agree that Sterling is not a diver but Ashley Young is.The bonus is City should start getting loads more penalties watch this space.

"in certain FA cup games"?

Shirley not? All or nothing.

In theory it is a great idea. In practice, so far, it has been useless.

The Aussie Grand Final used it last year and the VAR just seemed to go the opposite way to the referee every time. Then in the studio afterwards one of the pundits pointed out that 6 decisions had gone to the VAR & the total time taken for reviews came to over 10 minutes. How much injury time played in total? 3 minutes which included subs & injuries as well.

I then watched the Confederations Cup in the summer where a blatant elbow to the face was reviewed and the result was................a yellow card!!! Also during this tournament the VAR seemed to cause more controversies than it solved.

Last weekend during a Bundesliga game a ref awarded a penalty. Then just as they were running up to take it he blew his whistle & signalled that he wanted a review. Penalty over turned. Total time from awarding it to changing his mind was over 4 minutes & in my opinion his original award was correct.

Just because he has multiple views does not mean he will get it correct. Go along to any referees meeting at the FA & when they show a contentious clip of an incident half will think the ref is right & half will not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.