VAR (PL introduction 2019)

It may well simply replace one imperfect system with another. That said, we might well have won the league last year had VAR been in operation.

from what I have seen tyhe VAR system depends upon a person calling any particular incident out. That there is a single point of failure, we can still get shite decisions like the Luiz Aguero if someone in the video backroom hates City.

In fact I go further than that it will end up as a gimick that solves nothing but helps higher profile teams undo decisions that go against them, and also allows adverts during the game, US football style

Maybe FIFA were right in not bringing it in. Fuck me!!!

Coincidentally, just watching Leicester v the rags from the 70's. Rags getting fucking hammered but only 1 goes in (as usual) Coppel on the right, flicks the ball onto the defender's arm, pen, 1-1.

That decision would go to a 'neutral' observer. If he gives it as a pen, he's right, if he says 'no pen' he's right.

So what's he going to fucking give, at the swamp or Anfield, when the ref passes on the responsibility ?

Nothing is transparent with the FA, not a huge rugby follower other than international games but they seem to be years ahead of football general.
You get to see the incident replayed and the video ref asking what the ref is checking etc. along with the moans and groans from the stands, most of the fans know a sending off/offside/penalty/dive and it's there in front of your own eyes. I get people's point about continuity but the rugby fans love it and have accepted it as part of the game, the FA want people whispering in the refs ear is crazy and causes bewilderment rather than transparency.
Rugby have other introductions that are interesting such as the ref wearing a mike which allows the audio to be broadcast so if after tells a player " one more and your in the book son" then we know what's next, they also have a rule that you move back from a free kick quickly or he will move on ten yards, no answering back and only the Captain can ask questions.
Another one I would like to see is the cuts rule where you can be replaced while that person is treated off the field and can then return once bandaged or stitched properly then his cover comes back off.
It seems like the only sport that has the means to upgrade to modern day fans but are miffed because every other sport uses modern technologies from tennis, cricket,rugby,motor racing but football is stuck in the past, the only thing they have introduced is the goal line technology and it works fantastically well as we have seen lately.
So easy to introduce but no they think we are not clever enough to have a kind of decisions/opinion our own so they will continue to make decisions for us behind closed doors and only let the fans know what we want them to know, one day a smaller country will make the break with tradition and treat the fans as a part of the entertainment not as extras who must be standing around the pitch because they need sound effects.
I won't hold my breath.

Coincidentally, just watching Leicester v the rags from the 70's. Rags getting fucking hammered but only 1 goes in (as usual) Coppel on the right, flicks the ball onto the defender's arm, pen, 1-1.

That decision would go to a 'neutral' observer. If he gives it as a pen, he's right, if he says 'no pen' he's right.

So what's he going to fucking give, at the swamp or Anfield, when the ref passes on the responsibility ?
The ref will give it to some backroom figure who none of us know. At least with refs we can all have a go at him, but for all we know it could be David Gill in the video room directing decisions.

The ref will give it to some backroom figure who none of us know. At least with refs we can all have a go at him, but for all we know it could be David Gill in the video room directing decisions.

Arguably, the worst decisions to go against City in recent seasons have been instructions to the ref from off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.