Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be on the bench ahead of Yaya imo, who days at our club are spent as either a holding or attacking mifielder unfortunately.
Yes Yaya is coming to the end but it is a bold brave statement to say he is finished. If Foden turns out to be half the player Toure has been we will be lucky. Why people think that he should get an automatic place in the side or on the bench of a side which is rewriting the record books is unreal. At present he is six to 12 months away if he continues to progress. Talk of him going to Russia is nonsense at this stage.

Must be a decent chance he'll get on v Feyenoord at some point.

No excuse to not have him playing in my opinion. Pep's been waxing lyrical about the lad, time to give him some time now he's available.

Feyenoord are struggling this season and we should not be putting out a full strength team - plenty of room for Foden and even Diaz to be getting minutes. I'd like to see Foden start in the place of Silva, Gundo swap in for KDB and have Bernardo rotate with Sterling.

No excuse to not have him playing in my opinion. Pep's been waxing lyrical about the lad, time to give him some time now he's available.

Feyenoord are struggling this season and we should not be putting out a full strength team - plenty of room for Foden and even Diaz to be getting minutes. I'd like to see Foden start in the place of Silva, Gundo swap in for KDB and have Bernardo rotate with Sterling.

I don't mind whether he starts tbh, but he should get on if fit.

Yes Yaya is coming to the end but it is a bold brave statement to say he is finished. If Foden turns out to be half the player Toure has been we will be lucky. Why people think that he should get an automatic place in the side or on the bench of a side which is rewriting the record books is unreal. At present he is six to 12 months away if he continues to progress. Talk of him going to Russia is nonsense at this stage.

I agree with much of what you say. But you forget that Yaya isn't a first team starter these days and cant change games like he did a season or two back. All I am suggesting is that Foden should take his place on the bench and get some game time as a sub. I never mentioned an automatic start or a place going to Russia.

Was bloody weird hearing the panel talk about him after the England game. Waxing lyrical about a young City academy lad from Stockport! Wonders will never cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.