City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Imagine I get paid £1000 a month and have £20 quid left 4 weeks later, and the next month I start a new job where I get paid £2000, spend loads on a holiday, new TV etc, but this time after 5 weeks I have £5 left.

Was I better off when I had £20 left or £5 left?
I don't need a lesson lol,i'm not up on how much the top teams profits are,perhaps someone else is?

I think it’s only fair we, the fans, ought to get some kind of ‘loyalty’ Xmas bonus on the back of this. These profits wouldn’t have been possible without me...I mean, us.

I see commercial revenue was up around GBP 40 million, a big rise after growth in that area was pretty flat over the previous year or two. Any indication as to whether that's due in part to an increase in the Etihad deal, as Simon Mullock reported a couple of years ago was on the cards? And if so, is there any clue as to how much of the increase came from Etihad and how much from elsewhere?

Isn't it about time we re-visited the Etihad deal too?
Must be worth more than the original investment by now - they got it a bit on the cheap last time. Got to be worth about 60 million a year by now or a measly 11% of our income.
That'll push the overall income over 500 Million next year. Wont FFP be worried about "Fair Value" - lol :)

Wold the Silva transfer be included in these accounts.
Going through City transfer and player contract dates, it would appear the purchase of Bernado could be included in these accounts though not his wages but that would only account for the £35m fee/(5 years of contract) = £7m. Chicken feed in the great scheme if things and it isn't of benefit till 2022.

Isn't it about time we re-visited the Etihad deal too?
Must be worth more than the original investment by now - they got it a bit on the cheap last time. Got to be worth about 60 million a year by now or a measly 11% of our income.
That'll push the overall income over 500 Million next year. Wont FFP be worried about "Fair Value" - lol :)
If commercial income has gone up by 40M, I would imagine the Etihad deal has increased already.

Income

51.86 Matchday - down a tad from 52.52 (fewer home games)

47.92 UEFA - down from 61.24 (lower share of market pool and L16 as opposed to SF)

155.56 PL – up from 100.14 (new PL Domestic TV Deal)

218.03 Commercial – up from 177.87 (BIG increase after being relatively flat last couple of years)

473.38 – up from 391.75

So a big increase in turnover but as profit has dropped there has to be a big increase in certain expenses. The biggest ones:

264.13 Wages - up from 197.5 . (BIG increase and now pretty much the same as United. Reasons? Pep and his £15m(?) salary, the cost of his team, bonuses on the out of contract players which were loaded to the end of contracts, new players etc and prob other reasons as well

121.74 Amortisation – up from 93.95. (Transfers cost money! A tad below the equivalent figure for United)

94.17 External Charges – up from 76.92 (Don’t know what these are)

Now await the expert Prestwich Blue and his interpretation…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.