Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

i asked whether Ifab class the wolves result as a win or a draw for the purpose of our run. His response was the match was a draw.
I'd be keen to see the exact question and exact answer because that's somewhat different from all other responses. The game was a draw at end of normal time and aet and so will show as that, but it was a win on penalties (and their rules follow that). Feel free to DM me the correspondence etc. Cheers

Edit:Incidentally, I've had this from Elleray saying it's a win:

Dear Dr James

Thank you for your e mail

As you correctly state , kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match ( or tie) when the scores are level.
QED if any team plays any match which required KFPM and they win that 'event' they win the match.

Best wishes

David

David Elleray
Technical Director of The IFAB

Last edited:
The Wolves game and Liverpool LC Final matches
were draws. As was the United v Chelsea CL final. These ties and competitions were won by tie breaking procedures. The clue is in the title "Tie Breaking Procedure".
The AFS (Association of Football Statisticians) has the game down as a 0:0 (4-1). I have asked them as to their opinion but they will probably say the game was a draw but City won the tie. I have also asked how extra time wins are classified.

Well that was a quick reply. It's a win. The game is marked as such on the 11v11 City team page.
For gambling purposes match results only count at the end of 2nd half injury time. Any game result as a draw with a collorary in brackets is such a win.

The Wolves game and Liverpool LC Final matches
were draws. As was the United v Chelsea CL final. These ties and competitions were won by tie breaking procedures. The clue is in the title "Tie Breaking Procedure".
The AFS (Association of Football Statisticians) has the game down as a 0:0 (4-1). I have asked them as to their opinion but they will probably say the game was a draw but City won the tie. I have also asked how extra time wins are classified.
I'm a life member of the AFS - although it has since been sold and is a commercial enterprise! - and we used to debate stuff like this all the time. Anyway, lots written about this (see other thread too) and precedents etc.

I'm a life member of the AFS - although it has since been sold and is a commercial enterprise! - and we used to debate stuff like this all the time. Anyway, lots written about this (see other thread too) and precedents etc.
They did say you have to mention tie break games like Wolves as a corollary in any winning streak as a sizable minority disagree with it actually being classified as a win. So we're officially 15 wins on the bounce this season so long as you mention the Wolves game was won on a tie breaker!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.