Help a yank plan his December trip - UPDATED!

Is it a bad idea to try to catch the Fleetwood Town vs Gillingham or Coventry vs Wycombe matches on the 22nd?

Not sure how accessible via train, etc.
Are you in London or Manchester?

There's no station in Fleetwood but you can get the train to Blackpool & the tram to the ground. Plus Fleetwood is managed by Uwe Rosler so you get to see a City legend. So if you're in Manchester then it has to be Fleetwood.

Fleetwood will be pretty grim Coventry has a church that a daft german blew up and is near Warwick castle and Stratford upon Avon

Finalizing a trip to England in mid-December. If I can arrive on the morning of the 15th, I might consider attending the Wednesday-Wolves match in Sheffield on the evening of the 15th and then catch a train to Manchester on the morning of the 16th to watch City-Spurs.

Would it make more sense to fly into MAN on Friday and then catch a train from the airport to Sheffield or fly directly into DSA? Looks like DSA is a good 45 drive to Sheffield, so it doesn't appear to save that much time versus flying into MAN.

Cheers...

Trains from Sheffield to Manchester are frequent. If you are flying from USA I'm not sure you can fly to DSA, it is only a small airport. Flying to Manchester will give you more options and the train station is at the airport. If you are staying in Sheffield it makes more sense to fly into Manchester as there are more connections and Sheffield is a dump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.