The Simod cup!

Southend away on a tuesday night nil nil draw pissed it down but not sure if it was this or the full members cup or some other dodgy cup

Southend away on a tuesday night nil nil draw pissed it down but not sure if it was this or the full members cup or some other dodgy cup
86-87 - League Cup. Went on the special but don't recall it pissing down.
We beat them 2-1 in the second game a few weeks later when McNab and Simpson scored. I remember the score but didn't have a clue about the scorers. Not sure if that was a second leg or a replay.

86-87 - League Cup. Went on the special but don't recall it pissing down.
We beat them 2-1 in the second game a few weeks later when McNab and Simpson scored. I remember the score but didn't have a clue about the scorers. Not sure if that was a second leg or a replay.
Your memories way better than mine even about the weather aswell

Funnily enough, Blackburn Rovers are hosting a Full Members Cup dinner in a fortnight to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their 1987 success. (I'd be impressed if anybody could remember the beaten finalist without googling)

I recall the Home Leg of our Semi Final v Hull, when City scored in the last minute to clinch the tie on aggregate. We were sat in the Main Stand, dreading Extra Time.
Wasn't the Final supposed to be a couple of week's earlier, but we needed Oxford (who had lost the other Semi Final against Chelsea), to agree to switch their League Fixture at Maine Road?
Robert Maxwell refused, so City-Oxford became a bit of a grudge match (albeit quickly dampened by Oxford stuffing us 3-0)

I also witnessed the 6-2 v Plymouth, and Chelsea winning 2-0 at Maine Road in 87-88

Mentioned the 6-2 in the 10-1 thread but couldn't remember the competition name.

Also remember the Hull game and Sheffield game, strange we best them 2-0 twice in a couple of days both away with Ward who never scored scoring in both games if I remember correctly.

Either Forest or Charlton I think

Charlton is the correct answer.
According to my Blackburn supporting colleague, Colin Hendry scored a late winner for Blackburn, and Jim Melrose was playing for Charlton, just two years after scoring against them in the famous 5-1 promotion match at Maine Road.
Incidentally, Blackburn are charging £55 for the 30th anniversary dinner.

The only reason I don't think it pissed down was because I thought we were in an open end and don't recall getting soaked. I might well be wrong about both!!
No your right on both accounts open end and not raining

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.