Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

Dribble

Man City manager Pep Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

GettyImages-861889888.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-tactics-man-city-13880950

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini claims that the influence of the Manchester City boss has made a mess of traditional Serie A defending...

Manchester City were memorably blamed for ruining English football … and now Pep Guardiola is getting the rap for destroying the Italian game, too!

The Blues smashed Serie A leaders Napoli on their own patch last week, putting four past a team that had previously only conceded three all season on their formidable home turf at San Paolo.

But now Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has claimed that Guardiola's fluid, interchangeable, attacking style has made a mess of traditional Italian defending.

The Italy international seemed to be referring to the fact that Napoli themselves, under Maurizio Sarri have played in a similar way to the Blues to hit top spot in their league this season.

And Chiellini says that the refreshing change is making a mess of everything he was brought up to believe.

And here's me thinking the Catenaccio Italian's would be taking their lead from Moureen. :-)

I have heard that we spend less than the Italian average of 20 hours a week practicing shirt pulling, sly elbows and falling to the ground holding our face

Now that is a compliment. Italian footy may be a lot of less than savoury things but the focus on a strong defence has been around since long before i can recall. If he has really fucked their bread and butter style then wow, i suppose we do see it in Sarri and look what he is doing.

It is like walking into a pub and smashing the hard man up proper then taking his leave.

Nice read. Wasnt sure if it was tongue in cheek but I think he's serious and I know how much of an impact it has, they grow up with that style of play from an early age, not easy to change

Now that is a compliment. Italian footy may be a lot of less than savoury things but the focus on a strong defence has been around since long before i can recall. If he has really fucked their bread and butter style then wow, i suppose we do see it in Sarri and look what he is doing.

It is like walking into a pub and smashing the hard man up proper then taking his leave.
Nice read. Wasn't sure if it was tongue in cheek but I think he's serious and I know how much of an impact it has, they grow up with that style of play from an early age, not easy to change
I always loved the technical aspect of Italian football and think it's been given a unnecessary unfair ride in football folklore for being ultra-defensive. What the Italians did was to build from the back and ensure they had solid foundations from which set their stall out. No-one could really call the 1990's Milan team of Rijkaard, Gullit & Van Basten anything other than one of the best football teams ever.

HOWEVER, Guardiola has done it his way throughout his esteemed career & proved beautiful football doesn't always have to equal Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

I'll reserve judgement 'til we've won anything like the trophies amassed by the Grand Old Lady in the last 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.