Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Women are defined by their appearance in ways that men are not, you know this, I know this, everyone knows this.

I'll agree with you that a lot of people, men and women think like that to some extent. I won't agree it makes it right though, and I wont agree moderators on here should make the distinction. That I do know.

Media should always just report fact...Or a least state clearly it is their opinion and given the opportunity to quantity it.....then expect being asked to justify clearly how they came to that............unfortunately this reporter fell short on all counts . Disappointing.

Watched some of a recent episode of Sunday Supplement with Rudd in and the clip from the other day is just another example of her bitterness towards City. She is an utter disgrace of a journo.

As a contrast, David Walsh, the Chief Sportswriter at The Sunday Times wrote an absolutely glowing column on us at the weekend about how he had chosen to watch Spurs v Madrid live and recorded Napoli v City but then had to stay up late to watch the recording, which had him rivetted, to quote him: "Spurs at Wembley were very good. City's performance in Naples was a level up." He also commented on the rick taking City display and said: "No Premier League rival has been as good to watch."

That Rosenior is a refreshingly bright and fair lad. His Dad managed several teams so I'm guessing he grew up with a keen interest in coaching etc.

His piece on the Premier League being left on the hard shoulder due to clubs repeatedly appointing people like Fat Sam & Moyes, is an absolute breath of fresh air.

At last someone has said it.

Those in the media have to face the fact that, inspired by Pep, we are currently on another level, they have no alternative but to acknowledge this. To do anything else would bring ridicule. Therefore, spouting fake praise, they wait, secretly longing for us to slip up and cave in, so their bitter disdain can be spewed out once more. I notice the stat' tables have significantly reduced now we top most of them - SP showed an interesting one the other day -- a 'goals in the last 10 minutes' table, I think from 1 - 6, guess who were top -- ycmiu - oh hang on, that's exactly what they do - desperate or what?. Long, long way to go before we can assume our greatness. That said we are playing great football; it's soooooo difficult keeping the feet on the ground, but imo, it's a must. I begin to realise now, Pep is a genius, in the truest sense of the word. He's not only transforming our beloved club, he's transforming the game globally. Lovin' it!

Just listened to the Times "the game" podcast from the beginning of the week. Rudd is on there a fair bit and generally talks a load of carp IMO.

On the Sterling penalty:
It is one of those decisions that is bound to rile the manager against who it goes because it was at most a 51%/49% penalty..I think some referees might have decided there was too little there..some might have thought sterling ran across hoping his leg might get tangled up..some referees might have said it was shoulder to shoulder and you get tangling of legs as a consequence..

On Guardiola improving players:
I think if the players think Guardiola is a God they will improve..you have to buy into the myth.(she then back tracks) ...maybe myth is the wrong word because it implies I don’t believe Guardiola is a good manager but obviously he is OK

There you have it folks... Guardiola is an ok manager :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.