Away games in home end

My first away end was Chelsea in 1978, City won 4-1 with a Ron Futcher Hat Trick !! I was about 14 and went with a mate who was a Chelsea fan we were in the top tier of their New Stand and will always remember a pissed Chelsea fan screaming you're a "Fucking Masturbater" at me after I celebrated the 4th !!! Best part of the day was my mate blagging his way on to the City Bus and getting my Program singed by most of the team !!
Why did the players set fire to your programme?

The Huddersfield fan i am sat next to and who has got me the ticket has asked me not to let on that I am a City fan, which is fair enough. I was thinking of saying that I am an Altrincham fan?

My first away end was Chelsea in 1978, City won 4-1 with a Ron Futcher Hat Trick !! I was about 14 and went with a mate who was a Chelsea fan we were in the top tier of their New Stand and will always remember a pissed Chelsea fan screaming you're a "Fucking Masturbater" at me after I celebrated the 4th !!! Best part of the day was my mate blagging his way on to the City Bus and getting my Program singed by most of the team !!
Still remember the buzz of hearing that City had beat Chelsea 4-1 away..and that Futcher had got a hatrick.That must have been rons greatest day in football, iirc one of the goals was a diving header...1978..think Channon would have been playing that day ,and didnt we wear white with the black and red stripe...never really sure if i liked that kit,still cant make my mind up!

Christ I remember that bricking. I had my back to a coach looking forward so I could see the bricks coming when some twat threw one from the side of the fence, it was only last second instinct that saved me from looking a lot uglier than I did already. The annoying part about that was that the City fans were in good humour despite going down. Unfortunately stoke fans don’t do humour.
Yeah i can remember everyone being in good spirits despite going down.thinking back now its unbelievable that ud ever be in a situation where your trapped,fenced in a coach park,with nowhere to go/hide,just been relegated,pissed,and being bricked from all sides.
Mayhem.

Did u go spurs away,68,game before the newcastle title decider
If you did,what was that like?!

I was at both,& wet spam in the November.

Spuds & Newcastle were fine. We took over 27000 to Sid James Park,more than half the attendance so there were City fans everywhere.

Wet Spam was different. They had a lot of skinhead boot boys with blades and coshes.

Great performance by City that day. Franny ran Bobby Moore ragged & Colin Bell was offered residency at Buckingham Palace.

50 years ago.....jeez.

I was at both,& wet spam in the November.

Spuds & Newcastle were fine. We took over 27000 to Sid James Park,more than half the attendance so there were City fans everywhere.

Wet Spam was different. They had a lot of skinhead boot boys with blades and coshes.

Great performance by City that day. Franny ran Bobby Moore ragged & Colin Bell was offered residency at Buckingham Palace.

50 years ago.....jeez.
Funny you shud mention franny running bobby moore ...a couple of years later dec 1970 i think Bell did the same thing; u tube footage is pretty good..you can see that westhams manager (greenwood?) had told moore to keep a close eye on bell,it looks as tho moore is actually trying to man mark him.Bell just made the england captain look stupid, he was two steps ahead,every time...on one occasion The King sidesteps moore like a kipper,leaving the england captain tackling fresh air...moore is actually seen in the footage straying into midfield to mark Bell,but time and again Bell just waltzes round him making the centre back look slow and cumbersome....makes me think either moore was over rated.....or Colin Bell was SERIOUSLY under rated.....
..Back to sid james park 68, were the newcastle fans in good humour,or was there any violence...id heard 20k City were there that day,what makes you say 27k?..on my last trip to newcy i had a chat with an old boy on their executive suite security after the match, he went all misty eyed when i mentioned 68 and said City took 20k that day

Funny you shud mention franny running bobby moore ...a couple of years later dec 1970 i think Bell did the same thing; u tube footage is pretty good..you can see that westhams manager (greenwood?) had told moore to keep a close eye on bell,it looks as tho moore is actually trying to man mark him.Bell just made the england captain look stupid, he was two steps ahead,every time...on one occasion The King sidesteps moore like a kipper,leaving the england captain tackling fresh air...moore is actually seen in the footage straying into midfield to mark Bell,but time and again Bell just waltzes round him making the centre back look slow and cumbersome....makes me think either moore was over rated.....or Colin Bell was SERIOUSLY under rated.....
..Back to sid james park 68, were the newcastle fans in good humour,or was there any violence...id heard 20k City were there that day,what makes you say 27k?..on my last trip to newcy i had a chat with an old boy on their executive suite security after the match, he went all misty eyed when i mentioned 68 and said City took 20k that day

I went to Spurs and St James, as well, no trouble at st James park at all, I remember Finglands putting extra coach after coach on, such was the demand, I was stood in the Laisers end but fans were mixed all over the ground, Spurs again we had the complete end behind the goal, I remember standing on the back step straight behind the goal with the Gorton lads, some cockney came up behind and kicked the step behind me, everybody turned around laughed at him and he pissed off, lucky we were winning.

Done plenty of matches in the away end; Newcastle in quite posh seats, rumbled when they scored after about a minute. Blackburn, Everton, Liverpool (last minute equaliser, 2-2, Quinn header? Early 90's). Bury, Blackpool, Preston, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Villa, Arsenal and probably a couple of others. All mostly top days out. Been in the away end at Maine Road, once against Blackpool, first game in third division and also Forest when it was made pay on the gate at the last minute for away fans.

In the Stretford End with Utd mates when Denis Law back heeled that goal.! Managed to contain myself,and we all walked back to Chorlton in complete silence.Almost felt sorry for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.