Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think arsene is going to take any notice of what an ex player says,if he is told by the club then that is different,i think he will dig his heels in

Agree also Wenger runs the club and I have the feeling he won’t sell him in January, jealousy and spite.

OK, I grouped all those players together to ascertain whether Sanchez is faster or slower than them? My guess is Sanchez speed and speed of thought stacks up with any of them. You say Sanchez has lost a yard of pace? Whose carried out the pace comparison? Or are you putting across your opinion as fact? As a viewer of Italian football, Sanchez was never considered an out and out speed merchant with nothing else to his game. He's quick, but I fail to recall teams playing deep to stop his once blistering pace blitzing their defences, unless you can supply any examples to the contrary?

Can you rearrange this list in the order of the quickest first to the slowest last for me, and also qualify your figures too: It would also be great if you could provide last seasons' verified speed tests and this seasons too to back up your claim that Sanchez has lost a yard of pace. Also please explain what 'Lost a yard of pace' actually means.

Aguero
B Silva
D Silva
Fernandinho
Jesus
Sanchez

You also say Alexis Sanchez was a poor man's David White, which just gave me a right good ole belly laugh! Lol :-) If there was ever a player who relied on speed over everything else it was David White and when he began to lose it, his career faded with it. Sanchez is a totally different type of player, but obviously a players' talents must be in the eye of the beholder as we see Sanchez in such a polarised way.

When you say both White and Sanchez have a similar physique, are you referring to the fact they both have two arms and legs, and one head? Because with White being 6ft 1 and Sanchez being 5.5ft, it makes him smaller than Messi, Aguero & Hazard, so I fail to see where the physical similarities lie.

Have you also considered why several top clubs are/were looking to sign Sanchez for either a big fee, reduced price or on a free? Have they also got it wrong about Sanchez the same way Pep Guardiola has? Wenger plays Sanchez up front sometimes as a false No9 and CF has never been considered his position ever. BUT I've seen us use B&D Silva, Sterling, Sane, KDB and Toure as false No9's/CF's if needed to see out a game, so just because they've played that position, does that constitute them being classed as a CF for ever & ever more? I mean I recall David James being used as an extra forward for us once, but was he considered for that position in his next appearance for us? If this is the case, why are you talking about Sanchez threatening Aguero's place in the side, when in another sentence you intimate he's a fading speed-merchant winger? Which one is he?

In terms of Sanchez and his performances, Many of the players we've used this season were the very same players used when we nearly got relegated from the Champions League. Why have they seemingly recovered so spectacularly? Could this be the difference a proper manager makes to a player?
The only one out of those who is quick is Jesus. I don't have access to speed tests other than what I see out on the pitch.

I don't know what position Sanchez plays now. He is a very talented player who unlike a purely quick winger like White has the ability to play inside, and that's what he seems to be doing: morphing into a midfielder from the forward he used to be. But we don't need either.

We've improved as a team, because we don't have weak links in defence like we used to last season, and Jesus, and Sane have hit the ground running. I am sure time working on the training ground with Guardiola and gelling as a unit works as well. Sanchez decline this season is not due to Wenger, or the players he's with. They are common factors this season and last, its because one of the basic parts of his game, his speed is fading. I keep repeating it, but it doesn't make it any less true. No I can't quantify or prove it, other than by reference to the hundreds of videos of his game that are out there. You compare the dashing forward of Udinese who moved to Barcelona, and the pussy cat we played last weekend. Seems obvious to me.

You're all over the place to be frank.

Agree also Wenger runs the club and I have the feeling he won’t sell him in January, jealousy and spite.

I don't think Wenger runs the club at all. He will do what he is told to do, which will be to sell Sanchez. They were going to sell him in the summer already.

I don't think Wenger runs the club at all. He will do what he is told to do, which will be to sell Sanchez. They were going to sell him in the summer already.

Like in the summer where he put as many obstacles as possible to not to sell him all window then made up they were going to buy the Monaco player Lemar! You don’t just go for a player for that much in a 2 week 3 week period you work on those type of purchases for at least 6 months.

Well he's lost a yard of pace, has a poor attitude and I don' think anyone's thought of this, but think back to 72 and Rodney Marsh joining us.
That's all very true and a useful insight but against that we might be getting him cheap.

The only one out of those who is quick is Jesus. I don't have access to speed tests other than what I see out on the pitch.

I don't know what position Sanchez plays now. He is a very talented player who unlike a purely quick winger like White has the ability to play inside, and that's what he seems to be doing: morphing into a midfielder from the forward he used to be. But we don't need either.

We've improved as a team, because we don't have weak links in defence like we used to last season, and Jesus, and Sane have hit the ground running. I am sure time working on the training ground with Guardiola and gelling as a unit works as well. Sanchez decline this season is not due to Wenger, or the players he's with. They are common factors this season and last, its because one of the basic parts of his game, his speed is fading. I keep repeating it, but it doesn't make it any less true. No I can't quantify or prove it, other than by reference to the hundreds of videos of his game that are out there. You compare the dashing forward of Udinese who moved to Barcelona, and the pussy cat we played last weekend. Seems obvious to me.

You're all over the place to be frank.
Thanks for your considered response and telling me that I'm all over the place.

So in short you have no specific evidence that Sanchez has lost his speed, just the 'Hundreds of videos of his game that are out there'? OK, seeing as you have no factual evidence to provide to back up your opinion, & seeing as there's 'hundreds' of videos out there which you've found the time to reference, you won't have a problem finding 3 or 4 and posting them with a detailed analysis of how you intend to compare his pace from his time at Arsenal until the present then?

Also, in a failing team Sanchez managed 30 goals in all competitions last season, with 24 of those coming in the PL which comfortably made him Arsenal top scorer by 11 goals over his nearest team mate. Do you care to explain how this is classed as 'His fading' over this season and last?

The season before he was only 2nd to Giroud (24) on 17 and was still 8 ahead of his nearest team mate Walcott, so did you have an issue with Sanchez in 2015/16 too?

Last edited:
Have you got specific examples of Sanchez 'downing tools', or are you putting across your opinions as fact?

How do you prove downing tools, ok his performances this season have been nowhere near where he was at previously. it that a coincidence that it coincides with him not getting his own way? He was awful against us my opinion from watching him is he isn't trying that much. The fact is he isn't playing well either.

How do you prove downing tools, ok his performances this season have been nowhere near where he was at previously. it that a coincidence that it coincides with him not getting his own way? He was awful against us my opinion from watching him is he isn't trying that much. The fact is he isn't playing well either.
Exactly, how do you quantify 'downing tools' unless it's to support your narrative.

Why couldn't he be just plain old 'out of form'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.